• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1 more week

tkeinia

one more week til i graduate from texas a&m in san antonio.

aug 12th is my last test... cant wait. will get my ba in criminology.

tkeinia

Congrats! What's your career plan? Forensics or law enforcement?

i actually have a interview with a high school, it would be setting up a facebook page for the school and maintain it. would go to the games and take pic of event plus send in scores to the newspaper. its a communications position so not sure what else i would have to do.

sounds like a good job and pays better that the probation officer job or the crime scene job i am looking at.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
i actually have a interview with a high school, it would be setting up a facebook page for the school and maintain it. would go to the games and take pic of event plus send in scores to the newspaper. its a communications position so not sure what else i would have to do.

sounds like a good job and pays better that the probation officer job or the crime scene job i am looking at.

Sounds like an interesting position, not quite in the major. LOL.
I'm a probation officer out here in San Diego. We get paid pretty good, but I heard the same thing here, pay in Texas is not that great for probation officer. Good luck with it.

tkeinia

Sounds like an interesting position, not quite in the major. LOL.
I'm a probation officer out here in San Diego. We get paid pretty good, but I heard the same thing here, pay in Texas is not that great for probation officer. Good luck with it.

yeah pay is not great and the adult probation is not hiring right now. pm me starting pay for P.O. in san diego. i was thing of applying in sd, i miss it out there.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
yeah pay is not great and the adult probation is not hiring right now. pm me starting pay for P.O. in san diego. i was thing of applying in sd, i miss it out there.

We are on a hiring freeze for the last 3 years. But starting pay was around $48k/yr.

tkeinia

that sounds great. what does it cost around there to live, i use to in chula vista and paid around 600 to 700 a month on a two bedroom apt back in 1996. i cant imagine what it would cost today

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
that sounds great. what does it cost around there to live, i use to in chula vista and paid around 600 to 700 a month on a two bedroom apt back in 1996. i cant imagine what it would cost today

Depends on which part of Chula Vista you are looking at. The west side (old Chula Vista) you can get a 2 bedroom apartment for about $1000. But the east side, East Lake, Otay Ranch area. You are looking at at least $1500 a month.

tkeinia

im done, just got home from taking my last final ever!!!!! unless i decide to go for my masters but not sure yet.

subzero let me know if the PO opens up, thaks

4.6 Pace

Wow starting pay is only 4.6 that's not much. I'm in texas and I've made that much so far since January 1st. I'm glad I didn't go to college.