• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

13 NOV 2010 WickedStangs KOT @ Barona

M

Mustangcwo

Come one, Come ALL!! :rock:

The first annual WS King of the Track event, premilinary schedule, is 13 November and will be held at Barona Dragways.

This event will be restricted to WickedStangs Members that have contributed to the website, $5 minimum in 2010. If you are a San Diego County member, you are also required to make TWO PREFERRED EVENTS during 2010. YES!!! Those are the only requirements.

This is a run what you brung event with the following formats:

Bracket Racing (Best Driver). this is a .500 Sportsman Tree with your dial up time written on the window.

Quick 8 (Best Car): This is a heads up competition that will be determined by the 8 fastest ETs from that day. Number 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, and so on.

At the end of the day, Four trophies will be handed out; 1st and 2nd place for each event. And of course....bragging rights for KING OF THE TRACK!!!

THIS EVENT IS NOT YET SCHEDULED.
I need people to RSVP to this event. I need at least 12 cars to make this happen. Once I have enough listed, then I will call Barona and get us on the schedule.

This event is a $5 event and all applicable Barona track fees apply. The money will go towards the purchasing of the trophies and any additional funds raised will go to the race car.

RSVP

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
CWO- there is no RSVP. I am in I am not shipping my tires so that I can compete and get first place :) I think we all know who the burn out king is now. :)

Ford1288

Donator
Damn... I wont be back in time from this underway. Maybe in January after people get all there Christmas goodies? :)

blackstallion06

Donator
Damn you albert!!!! I showed you several post on here where members where selling tires cheap. I think CWO just bought some from someone I sent you PM about them. Not only you but red and david as well. You guys need TIRES!!!! Emilio has them black rims you ran before that I donated to the swap meet thing. I would be careful running those though if you got to much torque you could bend your studs. Look for my wheel fitment thread under racing and buy them jegs prostar wheels liek I have and throw a 15 inch slick or good DR on them with tubes.

M

Mustangcwo

Emilio is going to put up the RSVP. I guess he is a little fogetfull, I mean busy.

WoundUpWindsorBoi

I would love to attend. Been wanting to make a donation but I don't have paypal. But hopefully going out to barona this weekend to get some tuning issues ironed out. Also when it comes to attending events, anything mostly on weekdays is impossible. I work in oceanside until almost 7 everyday and most events are in san diego area. Closer events and weekend stuff I plan to start attending

M

Mustangcwo

So far we only have 4 racers for this event and we will not have enough people to run the event. If the people that are signed up still want to race, we can run the heads up event for King of the Track only. It will be a good day for WickedStangs Racing and we can still have a great time. I will keep everyone updated.

M

Mustangcwo

bump. Seven cars so far. 8 cars will give us a perfect bracket to race in. If we only get seven, then the fastest losing ET will return to the field for round 2.

M

Mustangcwo

Racing is from 10am until 4pm. The gates open at 8am. I will be there early to swap out wheels and tires.

luckychance

i want to go and plan on being there to check things out and help out if possible as this will be the first time ive ever gone to a racing event..i want to donate but dont know how and dont have paypal but willing to do this so i can participate in future events..where are you all meeting at

blackstallion06

Donator
Hey wickedstangs I just wanted to say this should be a great event. Lets all get out there and show support to fellow wickedstang members. If you have tires and will not be able to attend it would be nice if you would loan them out to other members. I know they are costly but would be great to just help out. If anyone would like to switch out with me your more than welcome. I want to make sure everyone has fun and enjoys the racing expirence. Any help or advice I can give just ask. No question is a stupid question. If you need tips ect for getting off line I would be more than happy to try to help. This will be my last racing event and I want us out there in full support making this a great day wickedstangs style. So with that being said if you can loan out tires and your not going to be there that would be great. Does anyone want to do a BBQ in the pits?

jagger969

I am so there!! A BBQ would be sweet. Lets get a count on who is bringing what. I can bring burgers or carne asada or whatever. Looking forward to putting the 11' in the low 8's if possible. All stock.. Can this be done?

blackstallion06

Donator
jagger you will need a sticky tire to make it happen. Barona is def better that qual com but its a track so it def helps to have a good tire. The problem running street tires at Barona unlike other tracks there is no way to go around the water box. With this being said you def need to do a burn out to at least clean the tires off. If the box is really wet I would def do a longer burnout. What happens if it has a lot of water your tires pick it up. The tread will throw it up on your inner fenders. You do a small burn out clean off the water but when you are sitting at the line water will drip from inner fenders down on the tire and cause wheel spin. This will kill your 60ft and make your run alot slower.

M

Mustangcwo

Emilio and I are bring a BBQ with propane. I need you guys to bring chips and sodas. If anyone is bringing drinks, please post up.