• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

$15000.00+89 Notch

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Ok if you had $15000.00 and a 89 notch 4cyl, how would you build it up? Or would you get something else to build?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I would save my money and go to college.. :) but, if that wasn't the case I would get reid of the 89 and get a new car.. That 15000 can be used for payment..

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Yes, a fully forged 408 is an outstanding starting point. Just add the turbo, intercooler, a 75 shot of nitrous for additional cooling and 1000rwhp. Nothing runs like a good ole pushrod motor!!!

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Forged 408 wtih turbo- $10,000.00, new front and rear suspension - $1500.00, 8.8 rear end with 31 spline axles and Auburn locker - 1500.00. Now all you need is the transmission. It is all possible if you were here in San Diego for us to help you put it all in the car. I would start with the engine/turbo, transmission and rear end. The suspension and nitrous can wait for more funding. Besides, it would be a beast!!!!

98Stang

holy shit cwo! you're pulling out the big guns w/ the rear end and auburn locker!! that 89 is going to be one WICKED stang ;)