• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

????

Wicked2000GT

what does it mean when your transmission shakes when it's in neutral and your foot is off the clutch? people say that it might be the pilot bearing. is that true? is there anything else that it could be?

M

Mustangcwo

You could have a broken transmission mount. It is best to take the transmission out and take a look at the mounts. Usually, a bad pilot bearing will make you grind gears while you are shifting.

Wicked2000GT

when i start the car is sounds like the clutch scraps for a second and then stops. when i press on the clutch that noise comes back until i let go of the clutch pedal. someone told me that it could be the pilot bearing.

WoundUpWindsorBoi

I just dealt with a similar issue with my car. Had a vibration in driveline when I started the car. And at about 2000 rpm a little. Ended up being the clutch. It actually ruined my driveshaft yoke, trans seal and tailshaft bushing.

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
regardless of if its your pilor bearing, clutch, or mounts, the trans is likely coming out of the car. I would order a new clutch and pilot bearing and install them both. Inspect the trans while its out. The trans on the new edge GT's is pretty easy to pull and can be in and out in a few hours if you know what you are doing.

Wicked2000GT

regardless of if its your pilor bearing, clutch, or mounts, the trans is likely coming out of the car. I would order a new clutch and pilot bearing and install them both. Inspect the trans while its out. The trans on the new edge GT's is pretty easy to pull and can be in and out in a few hours if you know what you are doing.

i'm already in the process of buying a clutch. i thought of the same thing. now they are coming at me with other problems that i didn't know of. first they told me that it was only the pilot bearing now they told me that the clutch needs to be replaced along with throw out bearing along with, i believe, pinion pin gasket??? he said that my differential is leaking

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
If your pinion seal is leaking, you should be able to look at the pinion on the rear end and see. If it is, parts are cheap for the crush sleeve and seal, and the labor shouldnt be more than an hour or so. So figure 125 or so to fix it, the clutch should be probably 300-500 in labor, plus parts. If you are replacing any of it, replace all of it, throw out bearing, pilot bearing, clutch, pressure plate. have the flywheel surfaced too.

Wicked2000GT

i ended buying a ACT heavy duty clutch kit and had the flywheel resurfaced. it's a lot softer, but when i release the clutch pedal it response so much better!

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Dusten is right on. I was going to say the same thing replace it all at once. Mine chatters too and I have plans to replace everything as well. I think my piolet bushing or what ever is bad as well.

ragtop4

i have an automatic that has a whine when it gets into 3rd. i just had it rebuild about 6 months ago but its always done this. its not a loud whine just kinda sounds like something spooling up. any thoughts