• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1991 AOD

Ronnie Friedline

Ok guys, my car is up and running, sounds great with the exception of the old exhaust... lol. Ok problem is, Have the new torque converter and everything hooked up and now its not wanting to shift up from first, almost like it is stuck in first or something.... It is full on tranny fluid, Detent hooked up, it is not electronic, not sure though if the detent is up in the right area or not, anyone that knows anything about this tranny hit me up and let me know something asap.... Need it running, been down too long.. Thanks guys in advance...

Ronnie Friedline

it is a rebuild by a very well known company, and it was perfect shifting before we pulled the motor and everything, and as far as the TV pressure im not sure what you mean.... let me know something lol...

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
it is a rebuild by a very well known company, and it was perfect shifting before we pulled the motor and everything, and as far as the TV pressure im not sure what you mean.... let me know something lol...
Did you open it up for any reason after you pulled it?

Ronnie Friedline

the only thing we did was take the old torque converter out and put the new one in... other than that of course had to take to lines off the trans to get everything out... But now with the new flywheel in, I think there are teeth broken off the starter that is on the car, and it is just spinning now... not wanting to engage at all... this sucks man my car has been down for like 2 months....

Ronnie Friedline

he said something about not freaking needing it, and it had me to begin with because the machine shop didn't do it either... So now I have to get that back in there and find out whether that is going to fix the problem or not bad thing is, I don't have a garage... so either way im SOL as we speak!!!

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
he said something about not freaking needing it, and it had me to begin with because the machine shop didn't do it either... So now I have to get that back in there and find out whether that is going to fix the problem or not bad thing is, I don't have a garage... so either way im SOL as we speak!!!

sorry to hear that get some pics posted..

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
The plate won't fix the starter, but if you don't have it debris an whatnot can get inside the bell housing and damage the starter and flywheel. It's especially bad with a manual trans, as liquid can get in the clutch and ruin it. I did that myself once, realized it when I was about 10 minutes from finishing a clutch job. Had to pull the exhaust and trans all back out to put it on