• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1st trip to an Indoor Shooting Range

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
I went to an indoor shooting range today. Had to sit through a 12 minute safety course. Then take a 15 question verbel test. I fired 105 rounds. I started at 10 yards, firing 35 rounds, the 35 rounds at 15 yards. Then 15 rounds at 20 yards. Then brought it back close for 10 rounds at 5 yards. Then 10 rounds at 15 yards aiming for head shots. Heres the results. Only 5 out of 105 didnt hit the taget. And that was when I was aiming for head shots 15 hards away. And two clips we rapid fire. I hit inside of 8 till rapid fire and 20 yard shots.
SDC12524.JPG

close up
SDC12525.JPG

My room mate went too. Hes got the same gun but diff color and a .45 taurus
SDC12526.JPG

SDC12527.JPG

02gt

this is how it's done down here in San dog...should swing by some time...LOL
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3fLp9Fd4GA"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Not bad for the first time. Forget the headshot until you get comfortable in hitting the center mass. Especially out beyond 10 yards. I suggest you don't try to do headshots any further then 5 yards, most headshots are close range shot, the pistol is not a sniper weapon. It is most effective at close range and point and shoot. Aiming is rarely use for a pistol. But forget about headshots until you get comfortable with your mechanics. Are you anticipating the recoil? If you are, don't, just let it happens. You will find your shots will go up. Are you shooting with your whole finger? If you are, don't. Just use your finger tip. You will cut down on your jerking the gun. Have a smooth trigger pull. I can't remember if your Ruger is a double action full time or is it a double-single? If its a double-single, don't let the trigger go all the way forward, just feel the click and you can fire again, again, this will eliminate you jerking the gun.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Actually these guys are being nice to you.. You would have failed in miltary:) Your shots are to spread out. Not good for a first time. Let me see if I can find my first time.. Looks like I shot it once......:)

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
Not bad for the first time. Forget the headshot until you get comfortable in hitting the center mass. Especially out beyond 10 yards. I suggest you don't try to do headshots any further then 5 yards, most headshots are close range shot, the pistol is not a sniper weapon. It is most effective at close range and point and shoot. Aiming is rarely use for a pistol. But forget about headshots until you get comfortable with your mechanics. Are you anticipating the recoil? If you are, don't, just let it happens. You will find your shots will go up. Are you shooting with your whole finger? If you are, don't. Just use your finger tip. You will cut down on your jerking the gun. Have a smooth trigger pull. I can't remember if your Ruger is a double action full time or is it a double-single? If its a double-single, don't let the trigger go all the way forward, just feel the click and you can fire again, again, this will eliminate you jerking the gun.

mines double action all the time. I use just my fingertip. I did just as good under rapid fire as I did taking my time. I got pretty good and bringing the gun back to center during rapid fire. Im a great beginner. LOL

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
Actually these guys are being nice to you.. You would have failed in miltary:) Your shots are to spread out. Not good for a first time. Let me see if I can find my first time.. Looks like I shot it once......:)
I think I did pretty well until i took it out to 20 yards at rapid fire, I did pretty good. First time, first gun EVER!!! Ill show you my target next time. And some of those I wasnt aiming for the center. I was aiming at the numbers. It hard to aim at a hole you cant see. My next target Im gonna only shoot 50 rounds for each target as Im practicing for my cwp.

Tommy

reminds me of my first time :D

I've definitely gotten much better. What's sad is that my 10 year is as good as I am now!

mustangtim

South Carolina
Thanks for the info Ill stop by & check that place out when I get time. I have been to several outdoor ranges,but I have never been to a indoor range. Looks like fun.

4.6stangpower

2001 gt vert
Dont let E talk crap to ya.....u can get in the military u just need practice n since it is ur first time shooting a handgun it wasnt that bad for only missin 5but danny is right though ur not really wanting to be melon popper with a handgun u want to hit center mass as much as possible cause i bet u i can put more rounds center mass than i can with the same amount of shots towards the head:rock::rock::rock::rock:

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
Thanks for the info Ill stop by & check that place out when I get time. I have been to several outdoor ranges,but I have never been to a indoor range. Looks like fun.
It cost me $14.84 to shoot. That included $7.50 for the lane. $1.50 for the target, $5.00 charge for bringing you own ammo. Good thing is you can shoot as long as you want till theres a line waiting to shoot. Then they limit it to an hour. Im gonna start buying my own targets. I can get 50 for $21 or 100 for $32. If you wanna go sometime. Let me know. Dennis has a gun. Maybe we could make it a lub event.