• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2002 gt that stutters and misses

marcus

My stang misses and bogs down sometimes at high speeds in third, fourth, and fifth gears. It will be missing and go to not at random times. I just cleaned the the injectors and changed the spark plugs. It idles fine and take soft great but as u shift up it gets worse and like i said it does not do it all the time. I was wandering if might be a coil pack going bad? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
coil packs will cause those symptoms replace them and see what happens, how do the plugs look?

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
get your alternator checked. check the connections, and the ground. my car would buck real bad as i up shifted, but then the alternator just went out. i got stranded again on the 5 south behind base 2 days ago, and the jack ass that changed out my alternator broke the locking clip on the alternator plug, so it came loose. it starts off being fine, but gradually loose power. car just acted weird. you drive your car all the time and you know when something doesnt feel right. you always want to check the easy shit first so you dont wind up buying a 369.00 alternator or other parts even if you dont have too.

(NW)Drake

who said that getting old sucks :-P
cats can cause that problem because they are plugging up the exhause but idk if it would make it miss.

exhaust*

ben

Banned
try the coil packs. u can take them to the part store and have them checked for free..

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
A lot of advice to go over for now. If the coil packs and spark plug wires do not solve your problem, then post up once again. I have a few more things you can check...are you certain it's a miss and not just a bog down?

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
come to think about it, its probrably not the alternater, that problem gets gradually worse pretty quick.