• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

4.6 intake on a 3.8

98Stang

Just out of curiosity, I always wanted to know if you could custom fit the 4" JLT CAI from a 98 GT to fit onto a 98 3.8. I already have a custom setup pretty similar to this kit, but like I said just curios.

If installed would any codes come up? I know the TB from a GT is larger but I'm sure i can make it fit with a coupler from 4" to 3".

I know you guys think im crazy but who knows, could be cool! haha ;)

RonaldJamesThickness

Whidbey Island, WA
Donator
if thats the exact CAI then you shouldnt have any problems putting it on a 3.8 cuz its almost the same setup the only problem i see is going from the 4" pipe to the normal 3.8 throttle body which is considerably smaller also you would need to adapt the MAF cuz the GTs MAF is also much bigger my personal opinion just buy one for the 3.8 itll be much easier than trying to retrofit the 4" and you wont see much of an increase with the 4" over the normal CAI for the 3.8 because it will still be bottle necked at the throttle body

98Stang

Yea i already have a bbk cai with a 90 degree elbow going down the fenderwell with a huge 4" cobra filter like the JLT kit. Was just curious if it were possible

98Stang

if thats the exact CAI then you shouldnt have any problems putting it on a 3.8 cuz its almost the same setup the only problem i see is going from the 4" pipe to the normal 3.8 throttle body which is considerably smaller also you would need to adapt the MAF cuz the GTs MAF is also much bigger my personal opinion just buy one for the 3.8 itll be much easier than trying to retrofit the 4" and you wont see much of an increase with the 4" over the normal CAI for the 3.8 because it will still be bottle necked at the throttle body
thanks for the feedback!

RonaldJamesThickness

Whidbey Island, WA
Donator
Yea i already have a bbk cai with a 90 degree elbow going down the fenderwell with a huge 4" cobra filter like the JLT kit. Was just curious if it were possible

well if u already have one then i wouldnt bother trying to put something else on there there will be no difference