• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

ADVICE ON NEW PARTS

knucklez951

TTR TOPLESS TATTED READY TO ROLL
I have a 01 3.8L V6 auto convertible what parts should i put on it and in order i know what the parts do but im not that mechanical savy but this is the car where i really get into .......thanks in advance for the help

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Parts depend on what you want the car to do. What speeds are desiring, handling, straight line, road course. You have to express your desires before anyone can make a solid recommendation.

knucklez951

i still want this car street legal of course its my daily driver but i would want it to be road course ready so that would be the foundation

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
You have a convertible, so you want to get a full-length subframe connector to stiffen up the chasis.

The Wickedstangs Install garage. That is where you can post up what you want to install. We will set up a time and place to help you install the parts and at the same time you can learn how to do it as well. The only requirement is a donation to the club and it will be definitely cheaper then going to a shop and done just as well if not better. So when you get your parts, post up and will figure a time and place to get it done.

knucklez951

ok sweet i really appreciate everyone being very welcoming and helpful thanks you guys already make me feel like one of the guys...not gunna lie didnt expect it to be this easy

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
We are an easy bunch. But we will also have fun with each other and rip in each other now and then. But that's what friends and family do. If you make the effort to join us. We will make the effort to make you feel welcome.

luckychance

you can always go with the usual performance mods ie intake, tune, exhaust, underdrive pullies but really on the v6 u will probably get a more seat of the pants feel if u change out the wimpy stock 3.27 gears and go to 3.73 or 4.10 and add suspension ie lca/uca to plant traction imo

Matthew Stoner

A good set of Shocks/struts, and some lowering springs can make for a good little upgrade. You can get rid of that ugly stock mustang wheel well space and turn up the handling a little :eek: