• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

BOSS 302 INTAKE MANIFOLD ?????

reynardjackson

On to the next...
if i install the manifold, will it void my warranty of the motor, if so who would i have to get it installed by to NOT VOID the warranty? i bought this part for Christmas and haven't installed it yet. i know i need a tune afterwards so.....somebody point me in the right direction!!!!PLEASE thanks guys

Attachments

• mmfp-1106-03-o+boss-302-intake-manifold-tests+intake-comparison.jpg
    mmfp-1106-03-o+boss-302-intake-manifold-tests+intake-comparison.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 88

Roushed2

302 Motorsports
Not true. As soon as the tuner touches your car warranty is gone. Im have the same problem with gears. If i install them im fine until i need the procal tune. All the procal tune is for is to recalibrate ghe speedo. Ford states warranty will be voided

reynardjackson

On to the next...
well lemme tell you this about the tuner, i have a 2011 5.0 and the motor blew out on me at 3702 mi due to a defective rod bearing and they replaced the engine for me for FREE after the tune had been installed on it for months. now as im sure you already know, but when they ran diagnostics on the ECU, i had to return it to stock before they cleared my new motor so i dunno i competent enough to do the install myself but i know the tune must be done immediately afterwards so i don't. where are you guys getting this info from?

Roushed2

302 Motorsports
After all the issues with modding the new motor ford sent a tsb regarding tuners. And FRPP parts no longer factory warrantied.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
it all depends on where you go and who you know.. I have taken my cars to ford and they have fixed them. With all modifications done to it.. The FRPP parts are states in the manual if installed by the dealer it will be warranted. We even have had members here who have dealer install superchargers with SCT and Diablo Tunes and there cars were still under warranty...

Remember Each Dealer is different.. Just need to move on if the first one doesn't help you...

reynardjackson

On to the next...
wow, i had to take my car to Perry and they didn even tell me they kinda like RED-Tagged me with the headers...i was pretty upset about it. they really shy-ed away from the work when "somebody" from DG Custom did shit work on my long tubes and i had a really bad leak. hey e whats up with my "NC CHAPTER THREAD" I believe that taking the warranty from FRPP is really stupid. its almost like buyer's beware!!

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
wow, i had to take my car to Perry and they didn even tell me they kinda like RED-Tagged me with the headers...i was pretty upset about it. they really shy-ed away from the work when "somebody" from DG Custom did shit work on my long tubes and i had a really bad leak. hey e whats up with my "NC CHAPTER THREAD" I believe that taking the warranty from FRPP is really stupid. its almost like buyer's beware!!
What do you mean NC Chapter thread?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

reynardjackson

On to the next...
yea i got a 11
it all depends on where you go and who you know.. I have taken my cars to ford and they have fixed them. With all modifications done to it.. The FRPP parts are states in the manual if installed by the dealer it will be warranted. We even have had members here who have dealer install superchargers with SCT and Diablo Tunes and there cars were still under warranty...

Remember Each Dealer is different.. Just need to move on if the first one doesn't help you...
oh and E i saw the forum thanks man

Roushed2

302 Motorsports
E are you talking back to me. Dont make me get Monica on you. Just saying the new 5.0 is differnt than the other engines. FORD is really cracking down on the new 5.0 mods