• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Clutch Install..

mzsamantharae

Hey Everyone..

I'm in need of desperate help.. The clutch is going out on my car, it makes all kinds of noises when I push it in, shifting is starting to become rough, & today I noticed that the clutch seems to vibrate when I push it in.. This car is my only car I depend on to go to work & do everything with & I really need it replaced asap.. I was hoping if anyone could help me out & let me know of any shops who can help me out with a reasonable price.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks so much!

mzsamantharae

Well I was already a member.. Idk if my account was deleted for some reason.. But I'm the girl with the black gt with the black rims.. The one who saw you driving on the strand? Lol.. I stay in I.B.

mzsamantharae

My clutch is just tore up lol.. Definitely has to be replaced soon.. I was going to upgrade to a stage1 a few months ago but somethings came up & I had to put it off.. And now I'm stressin over gettin it replaced :-\ I would love love LOVE! if I could get some help with a hook up for a shop that's reasonable.. I would GREATLY appreciate it :)

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I will talk to mustangcwo tomorroe I am deploying monday and cant help out.. We due have good shops like rpmm that do it for a good deal.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Please post up the year of your car and the type of clutch you would like to install. I can probably get a crew together soon to install the clutch at a good price. Are the RPMs racing when you get into the throttle, or just lots of noise?

Along with the clutch, I suggest changing the pilot and throw out bearing.

mzsamantharae

its a 2000 GT... & probably a King Cobra clutch.. & I do think that it's the throw out bearing that first started making noise.. but I'm just gonna replace the whole thing out..

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
You order the parts, pick an open date on the calendar and I'll confirm the schedule to toss it in. We usually accept a $100 donation to the race car, the cost of the lift ($5 an hour) and a dozen donuts.

mzsamantharae

Okay that sounds GREAT! :) I will be purchasing the clutch soon.. but I won't be able to get it installed until either April 9th or April 16th.. Do those days work? I'm not set on the days yet so don't pencil it in sharpie lol.. Also will the flywheel be able to be resurfaced at the shop? Thanks.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Okay that sounds GREAT! :) I will be purchasing the clutch soon.. but I won't be able to get it installed until either April 9th or April 16th.. Do those days work? I'm not set on the days yet so don't pencil it in sharpie lol.. Also will the flywheel be able to be resurfaced at the shop? Thanks.

They do not resurface flywheels there.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
You should look into getting a aluminum flywheel since you have it all out.

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
but if you are strapped for cash, i know a place that will regrind it for a 6pack and 25 bucks. but i also recommend a chromoly flywheel aswell.