• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cold Air Inatke

Anthony

I have a question about the Roush cold air intake system. It lists it as a 8HP gain and no tuning is needed but it can be increased with tuning. My question is actually in a few parts. One - Will tuning it make that big of a difference? Two - Can it be tuned by someone elses tuner or will I have to buy my own. Three - Once tuned to what I want will I even need to retune it or will it save those settings forever?

Sorry if I am asking so many questions but I have no idea about this and would like some advice.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I can answer the tuner part. You will need your own tuner whenever you tune your car. The tuner is married to the original car and its setup. Your tune is saved in your tuner.

RonaldJamesThickness

Whidbey Island, WA
Donator
yeah most CAI add 5-15hp but once u tune it itll add another 10-20hp so eventually u will wanna tune it but i would wait til u have more done to it like exhaust, under drive pulleys, etc. and i would go with the SCT tuners cuz theyre one of the best and if u go through americanmuscle.com members get i think 5% or 10%

Anthony

Thanks for the advice. I am having the Roush extreme exhaust put on next week and then will get the intake. After that I will consider getting he tuner you recommended.

RonaldJamesThickness

Whidbey Island, WA
Donator
its really ur choice i personally went with the BBK but they were the cheapest at the time but the roush and steeda ones r all the same

98Stang

From my experience the BBK pulleys were actually the lightest ones i've tried out, however I'm sure it all depends on the specific vehicle. Ron pretty much summed it up

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I have steeda on my car as well. Sub answered the question right on a bout the tuner its married to your car. Soemthing to think about though if its a CAI that they say no tuning required usually means it has a small intake tube so it doesnt make that much of a diffrence on a stock car. I personaly would look into a air-raid or a C&L CAI. They usually are the bigger ones and you will get the most gains. They will need a tuner to go with it but on american muscle you can get one with a CAI package. That would be best bang for the buck. I think I paid 600$ for my C&L and tuner. I would def go with SCT. American muscle also does mail order tunes

RonaldJamesThickness

Whidbey Island, WA
Donator
yeah AM does mail order and the guys at BAMA will also email u a new tune when u get new goodies so make sure u get the tuner with the free tunes for life thats the best bang for ur buck

Anthony

Thanked for all the advice. I think I'm am going to go with the combo pack like black said with the lifetime free tunes. Thanks everyone.