• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

DSS Block going in the fox!!

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
So I'm getting a good amount on my loss of use claim from the accident, and I've decided: I'm getting a DSS block and putting it in the fox. No more running 8lbs of boost for fear of cracking the block haha.

2K7GTCS

I don't understand the benefit of using the DSS block? Aren't they just "CNC prepped 302 production hydraulic roller ready block" (AKA stock Ford production blocks) with no added strength?

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
you know, i posted this, and then did some more reading and your right. I was under the impression that they were like a dart block or a boss block. so no, I will not be buying one. lol. Not spending 800 dollars on a stock block. already have one of those that isn't cracked haha

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
but, a dart block is still out of the budget. they're around 1600, and then i have to have it machined. so i'm looking at around 2000 to have one :(

2K7GTCS

The DART 302 SHP block comes fully machined (Except for the finish hone on the bores) and cost less than $2k.
As part of a new engine build, the extra $1000 is pretty cheap insurance. If you want to make 600 hp without spending > $5k, buy a Chevy.

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
haha well you know that will never happen. well maybe once mine cracks i will buy one, but at the moment its a nice to have, not need to have. maybe if i can find a nice used one i'll pick it up.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I don't understand the benefit of using the DSS block? Aren't they just "CNC prepped 302 production hydraulic roller ready block" (AKA stock Ford production blocks) with no added strength?

I thought DSS builds there own blocks now. The Ford Production blocks have been exhausted...Can't get them anymore The only 302 blocks available from Ford are M-6010-BOSS302 and M-6010-B302BB.????

2K7GTCS

I thought DSS builds there own blocks now. The Ford Production blocks have been exhausted...Can't get them anymore The only 302 blocks available from Ford are M-6010-BOSS302 and M-6010-B302BB.????

You're right. The blocks from DSS are used, not new (but they also sell new Dart, Ford Racing, and World Products blocks too).
The World Products Man-o-War blocks are $2500. The Dart SHP seems like the best deal for a new, stronger than stock SBF iron block.