• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

first time switching out a hood did everything correctly but....

alan dotson

forgot to check to see if latches were working correctly hood flew up in my face at 40 mph scared the crap outta me.

Attachments

• 20150327_124441.jpg
    20150327_124441.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 108

alan dotson

i was driving on jamacha blvd and just as I was pulling on my street danny. cop pulled up right behind me flashed his light came up to my door said, " do you know why I pulled you over?" , I gave a smart ass response " was I driving too fast?", he didnt give me a ticket or anything since I was just driving home.

alan dotson

whats funny is I guess its not a uncommon problem I was looking online on americanmuscle.com for thier hood latch and pin kit and people like me, who are unfamiliar with carbon fiber hoods had the same thing happen to them. They like me just assume hey when you hear the click when you latch on the hood everything is okey dokey nope... Saw on the comments about the product part, people had the same thing happen with the hood flying up on them.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Yikes, good to see the car is not wrecked. Hood pins and a new windshield will solve your problems. If you need some help installing the hood pins, let me know.

Last edited: