• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Ford Racing Throttle Body??

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
You can also do the GT500 upgrade which is 60mm.. The 2mm difference on the FMS and the 500 dollar price is not worth it IMO...

60mm
gt500-tb-kit-0510gt.jpg

62mm
Pretty Chrome
frpp-62mm-throttlebody-0510gt.jpg

GhostRider

Would the HP gain be about the same vs the Ford Racing TB? I know either way I'll have to submit the throttle body info to Bama for a new custom tune.

northerncountry

I did the GT500 tb and it did help. but It was a PITA to get it drilled and fitted. cause the adapter from BBR didn't adapt to anything. I would say go with the ford racing bigger TB oh and also NO after market intakes fit over the gt500 tb!! it's not worth the trouble TRUST ME!!!

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Would the HP gain be about the same vs the Ford Racing TB? I know either way I'll have to submit the throttle body info to Bama for a new custom tune.

TB are a hit and miss type of product.. You might see a difference in about +/- 2-4hp on a naturally aspirated car.. The real difference is on a blown car.

GhostRider

Thanks guys, all good to know info! I do have an aftermarket JLT CAI on my GT, so i guess the Shelby TB wouldn't work, unless I get a different CAI....(Not going to happen lol) I'm just trying to get the most RWHP out of her, by only adding bolt- on's (not adding a supercharger). Any ideas?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I did the GT500 tb and it did help. but It was a PITA to get it drilled and fitted. cause the adapter from BBR didn't adapt to anything. I would say go with the ford racing bigger TB oh and also NO after market intakes fit over the gt500 tb!! it's not worth the trouble TRUST ME!!!

All you have to do is buy the right kit that comes with parts... The C&L will work..

If you buy the right kit, It comes with all the parts necessary.. Use your stock box..
•Twin 60MM blade Shelby GT500 throttle body fits 2005-08 Mustang GT
•Direct OEM replacement, won't void your factory warranty
•Improves mileage and throttle response
•Fits stock manifold, stock & aftermarket cold air intakes
•Adds 11 peak HP & 22 mid-range HP (GT)
•Ideal for modified engines
•Cast aluminum construction with natural finish
•Includes all necessary hardware
•Installs in approximately 45 minutes using basic hand tools

GranatelliThrottleBody.jpg

cnl-cai-0509gt.jpg

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I personaly will be going with the gt500 TB. Like wickedStangs said the 2CFM is not going to break you. It will give you about 7RWHP with the right tuning.
I think the larger CAI like C&L, air raid, and JLT will use the GT500 TB. The FR throttle body looks nice and shiny and says ford racing. If it comes
down to money get the GT500 the new adapter kits will work fine now. There is also another route you can take and that is to port the stock TB. It will give you
8 RWHP I know this for a fact my buddy had to retune a car that they ported the TB on. What ever you do dont go with a TB that you have to change the crap over
from the stock TB like the BBK. They are a pain in the ass to get set right to your car. If you have a stick def stay away from this TB. If you by a BBK you might want to go
to your local marine shop and just get a boat anchor and a 50 foot ski rope and tie it to your bumper. :)

GhostRider

Oh Emilio, I just remembered that the address that I gave you for the custom decal is no good. I'll be moving in a few days so I'll just send you my new address in a "conversation." Thanks!

GhostRider

I personaly will be going with the gt500 TB. Like wickedStangs said the 2CFM is not going to break you. It will give you about 7RWHP with the right tuning.
I think the larger CAI like C&L, air raid, and JLT will use the GT500 TB. The FR throttle body looks nice and shiny and says ford racing. If it comes
down to money get the GT500 the new adapter kits will work fine now. There is also another route you can take and that is to port the stock TB. It will give you
8 RWHP I know this for a fact my buddy had to retune a car that they ported the TB on. What ever you do dont go with a TB that you have to change the crap over
from the stock TB like the BBK. They are a pain in the ass to get set right to your car. If you have a stick def stay away from this TB. If you by a BBK you might want to go
to your local marine shop and just get a boat anchor and a 50 foot ski rope and tie it to your bumper. :)

I couldn't agree with you more about the BBK! I'm interested in going with the ported option you said! Never would have come to mind! Honestly, the one thing holding me back on the FR TB is the price... I can't see myself spending $500 on just a TB!

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
If you got a guy who you trust that does porting I would go that route. I am going to try to find a stocker and take it home with me to have my buddy port it