• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fuel Filler Neck

I took my car to Perry Ford to diagnose why my car was leaking fuel while filling up and was told that the fuel filler neck needs to be replaced because it has a small crack. I had them check for any recalls regarding the fuel system and there weren't any. It's going to cost me $460 for parts and labor (and that's just the estimated cost). The filler neck alone costs $260! Does anybody know another shop that could do the work for less?

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
That happened to me on my 78 Ford truck. Luckily it was a rubber hose and I replaced it myself. Good luck on finding a cheaper spot.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Do it yourself as Renegade said. Its probaly just some clamps like that go on a radiater hose holding it into position. Go buy a haynes manuel
for you car.

Renegade

it should twist into the tank to lock in and then have a couple bolts you undo at the top and i believe a support strap in the middle, that how the majority that ive done have been, undo those bolts, drop he tank and switch it out