• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gearing

DapperGTBen

Hey I'm gonna order some 4:10 gearing soon from am for my 08 gt. I was wondering when I order it what else will I need for install. maybe the gearing kit and the lok rebuild kit with carbon disks? If anyone knows someone selling maybe cheaper locally also that would be much appreciated! my car has about 63k miles on it. and who would I talk to about donating to club and getting help installing the gearing? Thanks for your time! Also I read I'll need to recalibrate my rpms with a tuner. Does anyone posses the bama tuner Or one I can use to do that once I install the gearing? Again thanks for your time
And help!

DapperGTBen

perfect once in stock i may purchase it. i dont need the traction lok rebuild kit with the carbon disks? also ill need to recalibrate my rpms with a tuner no ?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
perfect once in stock i may purchase it. i dont need the traction lok rebuild kit with the carbon disks? also ill need to recalibrate my rpms with a tuner no ?
no rebuild kit needed unless you damaged it? And yes you need a tuner to recalibrate cpu.....

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Alright thanks haha!
You can also look on American Muscle for the gears, install kit and Bana tuner all in one package. If you cannot find the package, give them a call. Let us know when you're ready and we'll get those gears installed.

50hhh

I found that package I'm going to purchase the tuner first then gearing I believe smarter thing to do :p

If you buy the tuner on AM I believe it's on sale for like $379 with free lifetime tunes. That's where I'm getting mine from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50hhh

Yeah for sure I checked already with the discount comes up I think to about $360 pretty good discount.

ben

Banned
and make sure you get the right bearings from AM. or u will b like me and spent all day trying to figure out y the gears wouldn't work right. but in the end AM repaid me what I spent for new bearings and all is good now. the car does really good with the 4:10 gears.... thxs again todd

50hhh

I am thinking of going with 4.10's but I've gotten different opinions other have told me to go 3.73's can someone tell me the difference, does it depend on what kind of driving I do?