• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

GT500 missfire?

SnakeBit

Ok so i was just going down the road and all the sudden the car was sounding rough definitely sounded like a cylinder wasn't firing but there was no check engine light so i pulled over shut it off started it back up and was running fine......any ideas?

Did you plug it up and see if it had any codes? I would get a diagnostics ran on it just to be safe or a data log and interpretation.

I used to think the same thing till LadyGaGa2 had her 2006 GT issues with no check engine light and it was finally hooked up Saturday and showed multiple codes and they were rectified and it appears problem may be solved after 3 months of trouble shooting and ignoring the OBD II due to no check engine light. I would just check it. if no codes then no harm no foul.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Ok so i was just going down the road and all the sudden the car was sounding rough definitely sounded like a cylinder wasn't firing but there was no check engine light so i pulled over shut it off started it back up and was running fine......any ideas?
Did you miss shift or over revv?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
ok so my sct just gave me the code p1000 which is OBD-II Monitor Testing Incomplete
This code comes up when you replace the battery, or disconnect it for an extended period of time. it is not goin to harm anything and normal driving will clear it after a while. the part that takes the longest to complete is the catalytic converter efficency monitor, which may require extended freeway driving.

If you want to clear the P1000 you have to Perform the Ford Motor Company Driving Cycle.

If it comes to it i'll be there Wednesday for your meeting in Everett. I can bring my scanner and see what it pulls. then i'll just send my scanner back home later. PM me by noon tomorrow and let me know.

This code comes up when you replace the battery, or disconnect it for an extended period of time. it is not goin to harm anything and normal driving will clear it after a while. the part that takes the longest to complete is the catalytic converter efficency monitor, which may require extended freeway driving.

If you want to clear the P1000 you have to Perform the Ford Motor Company Driving Cycle.

Well if the battery has been disconnected any codes that may have been there may be gone now. May have to wait it out or get a diagnostics.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Soji, You can't do any testing if you don't clear that code.. That code is a FORD DRIVE CYCLE CODE. That code, is there to keep people from clearing the emmision codes right before an inspection.