• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

headers

Matthew Stoner

I have been trying to track down a rough idle on my 03 gt. Every Cop has been looked at
Maf, IAC, TBS these were all cleaned. Its got a new pcv valve and all new plugs with correct gap.
Nothing has changed, I was listening to it in the garage and I can hear it ticking under the motor and now I'm suspecting I either have a crack manifold or a blow header gasket. Which could explain the rough idle. Also I'm getting terrible gas mileage and my dive-ability is not good.

Matthew Stoner

Oh the headers I don't know there is nothing wrong with my stock manifolds the problems I was experiencing was coming from oil that has shot up from my broken PCV value. Oil got all over my TBS and IAC maybe MAF who knows so everything was cleaned. Also my plugs were pretty fouled out to replaced those also.

I was just being crazy that's was I was trying to make a joke oh well bad joke. On a stock mustang its not weird to get a really smooth idle but when you start tuning these things and throwing parts at them your going to loose a little of that drive ability as it was described to me. I mean don't get me wrong she idles great but not like perfectly smooth its got a little kick to it. So I pretty much drove my self mad trying to figure out what the kick was all about. Turns out I did my research and its just what happens when you throw modifications at these things.

On another note headers. I don't know my wife whats to kill me for spending money to even buy cleaner maybe in the near future. If I do they will be LT because I don't have to smog!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Yeah, that is true with the idling. It does feel different after some modification. Glad it was nothing serious.

I decided to go for something new and I was planning on going with the new 5.0 anyways. I just wasn't sure if I was going to get the 2014 or wait on the 50th anniversary edition. But givien all the uncertainty of how the new Mustang would look, and I wanted the Deep Impact Blue color, I pulled the trigger and did it. No regrets, this car is nice and fun to drive and handles wonderfully for a stock car.

Matthew Stoner

I'm glad to hear you enjoy it. My friend at my last command had 2013 and put long tubes, exhaust, intake, and a tune and made like 430 to the wheels.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I'm glad to hear you enjoy it. My friend at my last command had 2013 and put long tubes, exhaust, intake, and a tune and made like 430 to the wheels.

Yeah, I can see that. From what I've been seeing, its easy to get power out of these cars. Simple bolt on can get you 20 to 30 rwhp increase.