• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Helmets!

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Helmets! **UPDATED 2010***

SECTION 4 – NHRA SUMMIT RACING SERIES
Page 64-65
Section 4A – Super Pro, Pro, Sportsman
DRIVER: 10
HELMET

For all 10.00 to 13.99 closed-bodied cars, either an open-face or a full-face Snell M2000,
M2005, M2010, K2005, SA2000, SA2005, SFI 31.1A, 31.1/2005, 31.2A, 41.1A, 41.1/2005,
or 41.2A helmet with or without a shield is mandatory. (Required has been removed)

For all 10.00 and slower dune-buggy-type vehicles and all 10.00 to 13.99 open-bodied
front-engine or rear-engine supercharged, turbocharged, nitrous, or naturally aspirated
cars, a full-face Snell M2000, M2005, M2010, K2005, SA2000, SA2005, SFI 31.2A, or
41.2A helmet and shield mandatory (goggles prohibited).

For all 9.99 and quicker closed-bodied cars, a full-face Snell M2000, M2005, M2010,
K2005, SA2000, SA2005, SFI 31.2A, or 41.2A helmet mandatory; shield permitted
(goggles prohibited).

For all 9.99 and quicker open-bodied front-engine or rear-engine supercharged,
turbocharged, or nitrous cars, a full-face Snell SA2000, SA2005, or SFI 31.2A helmet and
shield mandatory (goggles prohibited).

For all 9.99 or quicker open-bodied front-engine or rear-engine naturally aspirated cars,
a full-face Snell M2000, M2005, M2010, K2005, SA2000, SA2005, SFI 31.2A, or 41.2A
helmet and shield mandatory (goggles prohibited).

See General Regulations 10:7.

The M2010 has been added

All times are 1/4 mile, Conversion Chart http://www.geocities.com/allstangs/Page.htm

Tommy

:bump2:

I just bought one and used this as a guide.

Thanks HP1!

BbjRFCGkKGrHqUOKiEEq4GG1rGBKwjr5djJ.jpg

02gt

FYI for those who run after market blowers some tracks require you to use a sfi cert single layer fire proof jacket, barona and the q dont require them but fontana and irwindale do, mine was about 60 bucks from summit

M

Mustangcwo

FYI for those who run after market blowers some tracks require you to use a sfi cert single layer fire proof jacket, barona and the q dont require them but fontana and irwindale do, mine was about 60 bucks from summit

That is a fact!!! If you want to race outside of San Diego, you need to have a jacket.

Mach1Marauder

Any NHRA or IHRA sanctioned track is supposed to enforce this safety measure.
Actually it's any vehicle that runs nitrous or any non-stock forced induction system.

spdpilot

I appreciate you mentioning this. It saved me from not being able to run my Cobra at Fotana and instead I brought the Shelby.

spdpilot

BTW.... don't go cheap on a helmet.

Snell 2005 is only a few bucks more then the rest.

Don't cut corners on safety. You think you never need it, but if you ever do, you will glad.

Take my advise from my personal experience. A full faced "quality" helmet saved my life once. I got into a motorcycle accident and my head landed on a curb. I was only "briefly" knocked out. No concusion or anything else. Fire department took one look at what happened and said they were shocked at how well that helmet protected me.

I wish I had saved that helmet for future reference. It was crushed pretty well, but you can see how it protected my head.