• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Help with bi-xenon HID's

Royn17

I just installed a set of bi-xenon HIDs for my 06 GT. This style uses a magnet to shift the light beam upwards for your high beams. when installing the manufacturer messed up with the connectors for the magnet, they gave me both male connectors. so i had to cut and splice, it's ok though, i know a person who sells HID's personally so these were very cheap for me, got them for 90 dollars instead of 250. anyway when i spliced the wires the high beam only flickers when i turn it on. the low beam works fine so i'm sure it's the wiring for the magnet, which had two male connectors. Any ideas on what my problem is? BTW i contacted my friend and he is in the process of getting a new set but if i can fix it then i can save him money.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
We have a guy experience the flickering on one side, I will talk to him today and see if he installed it right or if it a diffective HID.. I will let you know later today...

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Royn17 talked to him and it turned out to be a bad ballast.. Not sure if that is your same symptoms but, that what he did was replace the ballast...

Royn17

Ok thank you. I'll just keep them on until the replacement comes in. All the wires are crimped well and are hooked right as far as high and low and ground goes.

ears

man.... i need me a good set for the fogs on the cobra... already got the main headlights.... just need them fogs now!!!!!!

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
ddm tuning.......im telling you. its like 80 bucks a kit, lifetime warranty, and they are located in clairmont mesa