• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

HELPME!!!!

05ms.stang

its not just about the car.
Donator
my brother pointed me in the direction of the plugs since i ran a reader on the car and it said cylinder 6 was misfiring he told me to look at the coil packs and i took the extra time to extract the plugs and found a nasty little surprise of 2 broken ones and 3 that were about to break so im sure its the o2 sensor cause i had a similar problem just not this advanced with a car i owned a while ago the plugs were a little to used and was running really really rich im actually surprised that i didnt get a code for cylinder 8 cause that was the other one that was burnt

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Glad you fixed it.. Now why are your plugs like that? Did you wash your engine lately?

Last edited:

05ms.stang

Donator
nope im thinking it had alot to do with the o2 sensor and the wrong octane gas :( cause the plug i replaced 2 days ago looks like its been in there for a few months like the others should have looked if everything was functioning properly but no their all burnt to s*** and were only in there for a few months i havnt totally broke down how the motors work but it could also have something to do with the fact that there was 10 quarts of oil in the car....... yea i was not a happy camper when i got shot with hot oil when i changed the oil a few weeks ago cause i havnt been driving that car at all or putting oil in it and it doesnt have a leak ugh

Jaguaron

Fresno Ca
Ok, just to re-cap. You changed spark plug, broke something about the coil, fixed it, now it runs bad and is burning those spark plugs with fixed coil and the onboard computer is screaming COILS! And youre going after the oxygen sensor?

05ms.stang

Donator
it wasnt the coils after all after i fixed the coils the codes went away i ran a reader today and it said cylinder 6 was misfiring so i pulled all plugs and found 2 badly burnt and broken ones and 2 that were about the break...... i feel like im running a car soap opera right now ugh

BassMaster5000

Donator
Those are classic signs of a misfire.. like justin said, change your coilpacks, upgrade to better plugs properly gaped, and make sure that you have your wires in the correct order (sounds stupid but easy mistake).

05ms.stang

Donator
yea i got it all fixed now i have nothin to do with the car my ex has it and well id love to just be over it all

(NW)Drake

who said that getting old sucks :-P
i know that with my 89 lx, with an msd cap, rotor and dist, with msd wires and msd blaster 2 coil, i run autolite iridum core plugs, works great, if i wasnt burning rich