• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

HID(aftermarket)

Fever_Dog

"Rather be an Open Sinner than a False Saint"
So I bought an aftermarket HID kit off EBAY, i learn the lesson not to go cheap on parts. Even though i knew that the cheaper the product the chances of failing or high! need less to say I op to buy an OEM kit, even though i cost me an arm and leg i feel it might better suit my needs.

Oh yeah I also ordered a Camera mount for my Go Pro(believe me when i say WELL WORTH THE MONEY) planning on making music videos of the drives/cruise i make!

So I bought an aftermarket HID kit off EBAY, i learn the lesson not to go cheap on parts. Even though i knew that the cheaper the product the chances of failing or high! need less to say I op to buy an OEM kit, even though i cost me an arm and leg i feel it might better suit my needs.

Oh yeah I also ordered a Camera mount for my Go Pro(believe me when i say WELL WORTH THE MONEY) planning on making music videos of the drives/cruise i make!
How much is the Oem hid's?

SickSix

I work at a shop in Brea and we do a lot of HID and LED lighting. We have high end kits that come with a lifetime warranty also. I did all the lighting on my car and am very happy with how it turned out.

Malcolm

661.9 RWHP and counting!
Can you smoke out the OEM 2013 HID lights without overheating the lights? (sprayed not covered/vinyl)

Malcolm

I work at a shop in Brea and we do a lot of HID and LED lighting. We have high end kits that come with a lifetime warranty also. I did all the lighting on my car and am very happy with how it turned out.

Ok I'll ask you then six. What are the lights you installed w/ the lifetime warranty and how mucyh are they?

*V.I. Massive*

luckychance

if u are looking at hid kits and dont want to spend a fortune on oems ($800+ and a pain in the but for install on 05-09) go with ddmtuning. there are however, some nice quality kits that use official ballasts and bulbs from oem sources such as phillips in germany and denso/matshushita in japan that are less but still a hundred or more dollars. may look into this http://www.philipshidkits.com/ for that but for the most part everything else on the internet are low priced kits with parts resourced from china and rebranded but essentially the same thing. with these u have a higher chance of failure however, there are a few companies that actually do try to make the kits better themselves ie reinforced insulation, propriatery material etc and stand behind their work. i found ddmtuning to be such a company who actually stands behind their work (lifetime warranty) plus they are in san diego and theyll take it back on the spot. at least that was my encounter with them, which turned out to be installation error on my part. but to make a long story short 3 years and going strong with no issues form ddm

SickSix

Ok I'll ask you then six. What are the lights you installed w/ the lifetime warranty and how mucyh are they?

*V.I. Massive*

I have 5K HIDS. The quality is good and come with a lifetime warranty if you have them installed at the shop. The entire kit is $100 and that is installed. It is a little more if you have a V6 like I do, because it will need a relay harness as well. I believe the harness is an additional $20. I should also point out that this kit is a low beam kit, not a HI/LO kit, so I no longer have High beams. If you want a Hi/Lo kit, they sell those as well, but costs a little more.

I no longer work there because I got a job at another shop, but the owner is still a friend of mine and I can refer you there if you are interested. Just let me know.

I have 5K HIDS. The quality is good and come with a lifetime warranty if you have them installed at the shop. The entire kit is $100 and that is installed. It is a little more if you have a V6 like I do, because it will need a relay harness as well. I believe the harness is an additional $20. I should also point out that this kit is a low beam kit, not a HI/LO kit, so I no longer have High beams. If you want a Hi/Lo kit, they sell those as well, but costs a little more.

I no longer work there because I got a job at another shop, but the owner is still a friend of mine and I can refer you there if you are interested. Just let me know.

Thanks Six. I will hit you up again once I am near my car again and can work it out. It has been running fogs only for the past 1 1/2 years doe to some relay/ module issues. Not wanting to continually mess with those so the lifetime shop warranty sounds appealing. Let someone else headache over them.

V.I.