• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

High Performance Education

W

wickedstangs

Ok, Folks found this on this months 5.0
5.0 MUSTANG SUPER FORD said:
If you're looking to get into the performance business and building horsepower with the laatest technology, your best bet is to build a solid educational background at a technical school. Outfits such as:

1. School of Automotive Machinists (www.samracing.com)
2. Universal Technical Institute (www.uti.edu)
3. Wyotech (www.wyotech.edu)
4. EFI101 (www.efi101.com)

Have established programs that have a history of placing successful students with racing teams, engine builders, and the like.

Roushed2

302 Motorsports
Or if you need a quick lesson come out to Georgia and let me school you howto drive a real mustang LMAO

Roushed2

302 Motorsports
then how about when i visit cali i will school hoever wants to be schooled in my project mongoose V6

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Emilio, I have sent in and application/enrollment paperwork to UTI. I thought I was getting out of the nav for awhile there. Anyway, as it stands now the GI Bill will cover a good bit of the cost for the NASCAR Program. You have to goto the Charlotte campus for the NASCAR program. That is not too bad though looking at housing prices there.

I will be going to the NASCAR program as long as I get accepted when I retire.

Gib

W

wickedstangs

that is awesome.. I am also looking at either UTI in Rancho Cucamanga or SAMS in Houston. We will see and with the wife new promotion I might have to stay in Cali a little longer :)

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
THey get alot of miltary people intop the program at the Charlotte campus.

Gib

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I am going to one of the schools( UTI ) here in Cali. I am going for Hot Rod Fabrication, Auto body, and high performance engine building. I have been in contact with them for a while I was going to go after shore duty but now back on sea so I cant. If everthing goes well with my EFM and I dont have to go out to sea I am taking a welding school here in san diego. Its like a trade school but they teach you everything. Just trying to get a head start. When I retire and go back to Mo I am opening my own restoration/speedshop

crossbreedgt

all of that training sounds awesome. im still a bit young but i'm definitely considering applying to UTI.. i want to fabricate my own mustang body someday and put the 08' shelby c/s front end on my 96... what a dream :p

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
Cool, maybe after I finish GIA. If I still have enough money.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
i got a book from them if you want to borrow it they called me today they had a booth at the nascar event

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
I got my info packet for UTI last week! I have 2.5 years left to retire (unless I make Chief) and I thought; "why not live the dream". I am leaning toward the Ford tech program, but Hot Rod fabrication is enticing. The real deal breaker will be how much I can do online... I talked with the rep who told me that a portion can be done online w/ class (garage) instruction to be accomplished as my schedule permits. Basically I don't want to be going to school after I retire. I want to be able to step into a new career ASAP.