• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

i bought a 2004 cobra

90stripes

she is redfire 1 of 509 produced.
im not sure on this so if anyone could correct me if im wrong but i believe it is number 1097 in 2004.(you go off the last 4 digits in the vin right?)

48,000 miles

it has:

3m clear bra
brembo cobra R big break kit with 2 pc rotors
stiegmeier stage 4 pored blower with polished finish
stiegmeier ported throttle body and plentum both polished as well.
stiegmeier intake
mahle forged pistons
arp bolts
UPR upper and lower pullies(makes 12 lbs boost)
lfp superfluid cooler reservoir
bigger injectors, not sure what brand.
walbro fuel pump
tuned
mgw short shifter
exedy clutch
exhaust, not sure what brand yet, im in afghanistan and the car is sitting in my parents garage...
IRS brace
10.5" cobra replicas 315 tire, needs new tires, ill put some nittos on when i get home.
kenne bell boost a pump

she is beautiful, my parents even said they got a complement on the car on the way home after they bought it.

can someone give me a ball park on how much she is putting to the wheels, i have done some math of my own, im estimating 500+ to the wheels.

what do yall think?

i dont have permissions to post pictures. so can i get the moderator to change that?

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Sounds like you have heck of a car there.

Try using the image shack link on the forum page. You should be able to post picture using that. Congrats on a beautiful car.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
what are the lic. plate on it? And were did you get it? might be my old one.. I still have the SVT papers for it:)

M

Mustangcwo

Nice choice of cars and especially the color. If you ever decide to get rid of the SVO, let me know.

90stripes

its originally from michigan... or one of that states that starts with an m. i bought it from a dealer in dallas called texas hot rides. im pretty sure its not your old one E. and thanks cwo, the fox has turned into my project.

hey E, can you tell me about how much it should put to the tires?

90stripes

i have a question, im sure the cobra is tuned for 93 octane, will i need to re-tune it when the car gets back to san diego for 91? or will the computer adjust?

90stripes

ok, would you reccoment getting a tuner? like sct livewire? what handheld would you go with?

and would it be possible to pull the current tune off and put it on the tuner for when the car goes back to texas where there is 93?

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
SCT XCal3 would be a good one to get.

I don't think you can pull the current tune off and put it in a new tuner. I think they are store in the tuner itself. But I'm not positive on that. Someone more knowledgeable about this should chime in and give you a more accurate answer.

90stripes

ok thanks, obviously i would have to see if sct was used for the current tune, i looked at the shops that worked on the car, and i want to say they both used sct... not possitive though.

and why the xcal3 as opposed to the livewire?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
i have a question, im sure the cobra is tuned for 93 octane, will i need to re-tune it when the car gets back to san diego for 91? or will the computer adjust?
All you have to do is back off timing on your tuner around 2,4 degrees. With better fuel they usally tune higher timing

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk