• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I NEED ADVISE!! KEEP MY 11?

Should I sell my car and bike even with all the performance upgrades Ive done and buy a GT?

• Yes, sell the car, lose a bit of $ and buy a GT!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Keep the car (its paid off), add a Supercharger, and keep that bike!

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

richi78

Now those are the replies I have been looking for! Frank, well spoken and thank you as you are absolutely right. Its interesting that we as humans always want more in life. I have been modifying my car for the last 4 years because once I feel a little more torque and muscle, I want more LOL. I, like Frank stated, enjoy working on my car and by all means have absolutely no problem saying "Its a V6." For me, I want the time with my ride in the garage and behind the wheel. I just want power LOL. I want to feel that torque when I want to get aggressive. And yes throwing a blower in the car will turn that ride into a sleeper for sure. Nobody will know whats coming and it will certainly turn some heads as it already does. I love my car, don't get me wrong. In fact, I can't wait to drive to work everyday. I think I was thrown off when i drove that 2015 GT (It impressed me so much I almost felt immediately I had to have one). But is it worth giving up my investments? Thats the question I have been asking myself. This series of conversations has been humbling and I truly appreciate the open and honest feedback. You guys Rock! Thank you !

Last edited:

richi78

Ok so I've been doing some research and the Pro charger kit is technically illegal in CA. I can buy it though and have it installed. Has anyone been able to get through smog or have any suggestions ??

- Rick

richi78

Anyone know anyone that's had a Procharger installed in CA and been able to get through emissions?

- Rick

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Some of the Prochargers are CARB legal. The head unit must have the number stamped in place; that number can be referenced for passing smog.

richi78

Thank you. How do I verify this? AM states they are illegal in CA. Where would I go to purchase a kit that has a nil umber stamped on it? I'm not sure where to start. I appreciate any advise.

- Rick

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
As far as I know, ATI did not get the CARB number passed for the Mustang. I suggest you contact them directly to verify.

I suggest a Vortech V3 CARB: CARB EO # D-213-27

richi78

Will do. After doing some research it seems that there are lots of Stangs with the Procharger in it. Any idea how they get through smog if there is no stamp? I'm just thinking there has to be a way right? Since there are many installed here in CA.

- Rick

richi78

True. I'll find a way. Procharger says their kit should be legal soon. I'm thinking I should go for smog soon, pass, then install. By the next smog check hopefully it's legal. Or do you think I'll have to wait until they stamp a number on the part? Also, DMV says some SD zip codes don't need smog checks. I need to call the DMV.

- Rick

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
True. I'll find a way. Procharger says their kit should be legal soon. I'm thinking I should go for smog soon, pass, then install. By the next smog check hopefully it's legal. Or do you think I'll have to wait until they stamp a number on the part? Also, DMV says some SD zip codes don't need smog checks. I need to call the DMV.

- Rick
heard the same thing somewhere up north

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Procharger already stamps the head units, they just don't cross over to the Mustang. I say smog the car, install the system and in two years you can make the decision to restore the car to stock for another smog or pray for procharger to get off their but.

Yes, Vortech has a unit for the V-6.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
My apologies, Vortech does not make a supercharger for the 2011 V6. Looks like a GT is in your future.