• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

idel control system

LaughingGT

hey i have had the car acting up for a while now and i had a mechanich come out look at it and tell me its the idel control system and imim looking at it and it dosent look hard to replace and i dont think the part is that much so what should i do just pay the guy to do it for me or attempted it myself and resk being without a car ?

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
If its not that much just have him do it.... If you think you can do it go for it save a few bucks.
Anything mech I do on my cars but electric I take to shop. ( guages ect)

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
hey i have had the car acting up for a while now and i had a mechanich come out look at it and tell me its the idel control system and imim looking at it and it dosent look hard to replace and i dont think the part is that much so what should i do just pay the guy to do it for me or attempted it myself and resk being without a car ?

can you post up what you are talking about? The Idle Control System? I believe you are referring to the Torque Based Electronic Throttle Control (ETC). The ETC system replaces the standard cable operated accelerator pedal, idle air control (IAC) valve, 3-wire throttle position (TP) sensor, and the mechanical throttle body.
ETC Throttle body.jpg

LaughingGT

im not quite sure whats its called i think its the little black part on the side of the throttel body

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
ok, I am moving this to technical section.. Under 2005+ I can help you a bit to troubleshoot. What is your car doing again?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
You have to have a DTC? Some sort of Fault code either pass or present.. Did the wrench on your indication panel every illuminate?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I need the codes to help you solve your problem.. Do you have an SCT tuner that you can go and get all the codes for me...?

LaughingGT

i know i havent put codes up yet but does anyone know were i can get the etc throttel body assembly motor ?????