• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I'm interested in lowering my 2012 GT w/ 19" wheels

BMP

For street handling purposes so i don't want a dramatic drop. Just around 2 inches in the back and maybe an inch in the front. Enough to get rid of that big area in the wheel wells. Hit me up for costs of parts and labor. Understand panhard bar required and possibly camber adjustment.

Thanks!

northerncountry

First question is what is your driving style? Drag race, road course or just a cruiser? If you are looking for a super low drop look at H&R or Eibsch sportline springs if you want a fully adjustable look at the Eibach R1 coilovers.

tom

I agree with northercountry ,the eibach part # 4.12535.880 could be what you want . But if you want to follow northercountry , Eibach R1 coilovers and get rid of the stock tires.

northerncountry

just as a reminder if you do the 2 inch drop you Will want adjustable lower control arms so you can adjust your pinion angle back to stock otherwise your bearing is going to be toast

BMP

I agree with northercountry ,the eibach part # 4.12535.880 could be what you want . But if you want to follow northercountry , Eibach R1 coilovers and get rid of the stock tires.
Why get rid of the p-zeros?

northerncountry

I actually haven't pushed my stock tires on the track but once you really start doing mods the stock 235's just can't put the power down. I highly recommend Nitto Invos great tire and they can take a beating on the track... Do not get the MT street comps GARBAGE they are cheap on american muscle for a reason

Last edited:

tom

I like Nittos myself , but anything over 300 compound might get a little loose . But it just depends hard you push your car . Lot of good tires out there . Just my two cents. Good Luck

jj89gt

I run the BC racing coilovers and hankook V12 on 19in rims. The BCs are a little cheaper then the eibach coilovers.