• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

IM SO FREAKING LOST, IM PULLING MY HAIR OUT

(NW)Drake

who said that getting old sucks :-P

ok guys here is everything i have done to the thus far. i have checked and rechecked my timing(its good, im now a master at timing lol), i have replace my cap, rotor, wires, IAC, TPS, temp sensor, air temp sensor, egr and evp sensor, O2 sensors and fuel filter. ok now i have an eec-IV a9t, cai, underdrive pulleys, long headers h pipe and 40 series flows, msd ignition system with out the box, omni wires(couldnt afford the msd) and sub frame connectors no engine mods as of yet. my problem is it idles just fine but when i dont let it idle for a few mins, under a load it will have a popping sound i cant tell if its under the hood or in the exhaust. when i let it idle i can unplug my maf and nothing happens same with the egr valve and iac. alos instead of it stepping down in idle after the choke period it will raise in rpm's. further more when i replace my temp sensor i stopped getting bank 2 O2 sensor code, i still have the bank 1 O2 throwing code 91. so say i do let it idle i have that noise with power loss, if i go from half throttle to full throttle the problem is gone, but returns when i let off and use less than half throttle, however it doesnt do this if i let it idle. the car is also burning rich constantly. so far i have checked my fuel pressure and it sits at about 40 and holds even when car is off. this problem just started recently ive had the car almost 3 yars now, it started when i had to run am pm gas. weather i run 92 or 87 the problem stays their. ive looked all over the internet to figure out what it could be, ive even posted here and no luck great advice but no luck fixing this, ive even taken it to a ford dealership and they couldnt tell me what was wrong. i have several questions for you guys with fox bodies, 1 what tells the ecm to add more fuel 2 what tells the ecm to change the afr 3 does anyone with an eec -IV a9t live near shelton, wa if so can i swap eec's with you to see if its my eec. I NEED HELP IM LOST any question u can pm me or text/ call me at 360 470 4956.

(NW)Drake

well guys i pulled codes koeo dtc 85, 91 koer dts 12, 92...91 and 92 are o2 sensors saying rich. code 12 rpm cant control/ high code 85 canp circuit failure.

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
Talked to my dad, he and I agree it sounds like you're dumping raw fuel. Why he isnt sure. But he said pull the vacuum line off the pressure regulator and see if its drawing fuel through it. IF not, pull the plugs and see if they look like they have fuel.

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
and ignore code 85, it just means your charcoal canister for the emissions stuff is goneq

BassMaster5000

Donator
I got an A9T if your wanna try swapping them.. I'll have to pull my tune from it, but it will take 2 seconds, just let me know.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
If the swap does not work, I would say it has to do with the MAF. The MAF provides a signal to the EEC to adjust fuel and may be sending the wrong signal. Once again...I would try swaping the MAF first and then check voltages from the MAF under different loads (this may require a DYNO).

(NW)Drake

BassMaster5000 said:
I got an A9T if your wanna try swapping them.. I'll have to pull my tune from it, but it will take 2 seconds, just let me know.

U got a stock maf? That would be easier to do rather than the eec

oif soldier

Sometimes you just gotta put a lame horse out of their misery. Sorry to have to be the one to tell ya bro. If you need a shot gun..... lmao.

96PuttStang

as far as loss of power at lower rpm it may be your long tube headers. if i remember correctly theyre tuned for mid and high end power and suffer on the bottom end but u should still have decent drivability. you might also try retarding your timing a lil that should help a lil with ur AFR but in the long run i would get it tuned cuz dumping fuel isnt helpin ur wallet lol

BassMaster5000

Donator
Yea, but a good tune is the best for your wallet either, plus most places won't tune a car coming onto a dyno with problems.

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
A vacuum leak wouldnt cost a rich condition, it would cause a lean condition, due to unmetered air

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
fake lean? if its popping in the exhaust, its rich. have you pulled the plugs, that'll tell ya if its rich or lean

(NW)Drake

The computer is being told to add more fuel and I've replaced every part i can think of