• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Just bought a shotgun. Thinking of a pistol now!

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
This is the shotgun I bought
http://www.academy.com/index.php?pa.../shotguns&start=0&selectedSKU=0350-01883-5002
0350-01883-5002-p1.jpg

Thinking of getting a pistol this weekend. Either
a ruger sr9 9mm
ruger_sr9_1.jpg

or a taurus 24/7 .40 in stainless.
http://www.academy.com/index.php?pa...nterfire&start=10&selectedSKU=0357-03513-3764
but looking like this
0357-03513-0473-p1.jpg

They are both near the $400 range. Im trying to stay under $500 with tax and all. Plus I wanna holster and some ammo. Let me know what yall think.

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
I really like the SR9's, Taurus is a pretty nic gun too, but I like the feel of the Ruger more than the Taurus.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
My personal preference are Sig Sauers. It has gotten me out of a lot of tight spot and is reliable. But if you have a $500 cap, then the Sig will be out of your price range. I'm not crazy about the Ruger or Taurus, but if they are within your price range, you could go worse. They will do the job if need be.

BadBullitt

Old Guys Rule!
My personal preference are Sig Sauers. It has gotten me out of a lot of tight spot and is reliable. But if you have a $500 cap, then the Sig will be out of your price range. I'm not crazy about the Ruger or Taurus, but if they are within your price range, you could go worse. They will do the job if need be.

Sigs are great and worth every penny.

DrunkFatguy

I'm partial to any Colt or Springfield 1911A1 .45 ACP. The Style has always had a good feel in my hand, easily controllable and the sight picture with a 3 dot system has always been easy on my eyes in regards to target acquisition and focus.

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
im leaning to a ruger sr9. Ive shot that, a taurus .45 and a smith and wesson .40. I did see a taurus 24/7 compact 45 today i liked. I'm looking for something more for target shooting like a 9mm. Ill get a .40 or a .45 later.

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
be used for home defense till I get a .45. Plus I wanna get my concealed weapons permit. My dad just got his. Then I will carry the 9mm or a compact .45 Ill prolly borrow my dads .22 when I try for my permit. It took him like 2 or 3 months to get his after he passed the test.

jj89gt

Have you looked at the FN .40 USG. It comes with 3 mag to. not a fan of taurus unless it the judge. I've shoot the rugur to but I go with the a .40 ammo is easy to come by to.

Daniboy1983

Did you buy one yet? I haven't really looked at either one since I've got my heart set on a Springfield XDM. (Gotta wait till after my deployment to get it) Anyway keep us updated and give us a range report when you do.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I love my SR .38 skin pistol with a 6in barrel and has 2 round magazines with heat detection... I carry it with me everyday and has not failed me yet....:)