• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

looking at getting a cobra

90stripes

so i cant afford to build the motor of my dreams, so im looking into getting a 03/04 cobra. which i think is probably best. im getting out of the corps october next year, and will be going to school... so i need something reliable. what do yall think about the cobras?

i personally love them, i want something below 40k miles, and i have found a hand full of them.

what do yall think about the reliability and proformance of them?

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
An 03/04 Termi will cost you at least $18k. That's less than the built motor? Damn, were you planning a NASCAR motor? LOL!

But seriously, a Termi would be a good buy and yes, a few out there under 40k miles, but those will run you about $20k +. But they are pretty reliable. Good Luck on getting one.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
He was trying to build a motor to beat a ROUSH but it would cost to much. Now buying a termy he thinks he might have a chance. LOL

90stripes

haha. the motor i was going to build was going to cost about 20k but that included a tranny new axles and fuel system... along with some others to support the amount of power the motor was going to make... but im getting out of the military in october, and going to school so i need something reliable. i have found a hand full with 25k miles or less in texas where i will be buying one. anywhere between $22-25k. a couple were completely stock, some had monor stuff like exaust and pullied. the problem was i wasnt going to have enough cash to build the motor, so i was going to have to finance about 15k, and the bank wouldnt give me that much without a co-signer because it was a personal loan... so that squashed my dreams. i will probably finance 15k of the car and put up to 10k down. so my budget cap will be around 25k

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
haha. the motor i was going to build was going to cost about 20k but that included a tranny new axles and fuel system... along with some others to support the amount of power the motor was going to make... but im getting out of the military in october, and going to school so i need something reliable. i have found a hand full with 25k miles or less in texas where i will be buying one. anywhere between $22-25k. a couple were completely stock, some had monor stuff like exaust and pullied. the problem was i wasnt going to have enough cash to build the motor, so i was going to have to finance about 15k, and the bank wouldnt give me that much without a co-signer because it was a personal loan... so that squashed my dreams. i will probably finance 15k of the car and put up to 10k down. so my budget cap will be around 25k

Yeah, for $25k you will definitely find one. But I'm telling you, you can get one for $18k-$19k. I'm sure you have looked in craiglist, I saw a few from dealers. I'm sure those prices are negotiable, too.