• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Looks like the blown 347 might not be blown anymore.

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
damn you shoulda put a carb on it. It would be so much faster and easier. I picked up almost 3 tenths when I swapped to a carb. What did you have to give up for the shortblock and parts?
I thought about carbing it. Cheaper and simple for sure, but I didn't want to go through all the trouble of tearing the EFI out of the car. Plus I like to drive it on the street sometimes, and I like for it to fire right up, which I don't think would be the case with a carb

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
And I think the box manifold is SICKKK!

only problem is that it will only fit under a 5" cowl hood. Which isn't that big of a problem because I want a big ass cowl anyway :p

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Made a deal on a TCI c4 with 4 passes on it. Along with a precision performance products shifter and a frpp aluminum driveshaft. Turns out this trans was in orange395w's boss many moons ago. Haha. Now if I could move some parts to pay for it lol

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Looking forward to seeing this car come together with the new motor. Just curious does the car have a cage already?
Yessir just a 6 point. I'm looking for mid 10s with it so the cage will be fine. It's been tested once already too lol

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
That's not a cage. that's a roll bar haha. You will meet your goal. My old set up ran 10.20's-10.30's.
Details details. Lol. No really I have no desire to put a full cage in it. It's not often, but this will be street driven from time to time. Gotta make Hondas cry sometimes ya know? :D

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Finally got the shortblock, manifold and dizzy sitting in my garage. I get jitters when i walk out and see it. :p

eje2apyg.jpg

e2une4a2.jpg

abyreqy4.jpg

Guy i bought the motor from gave me a March billet Alternator bracket too. looks pretty cool.

pe2etyge.jpg

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Update:

347 is out, got a guy coming tomorrow to hopefully buy it. Going to start all the prep work on the engine bay, complete wire tuck, paint etc. also considering smooth fender panels.

Car definitely won't be done for a good while, but no shortcuts this time. It's going to be exactly how I want it, no matter how long it takes

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Picked up the whole front suspension setup from Bobby this weekend. All brand new in box. AJE chromoly k member w/ adj A arms, motor mounts, coilovers, and tubular trans crossmember. And an aerospace manual brake conversion kit. This stuff is SICK!

yvymehe2.jpg

uhy7abym.jpg

ytusunas.jpg

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Very nice grab. Happy to see the parts going to a fox in the club. DAMN, I'm loosing all my advantages. :bag:

Looks like the top two cars in San Diego WS will be fox bodies.

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Very nice grab. Happy to see the parts going to a fox in the club. DAMN, I'm loosing all my advantages. :bag:

Looks like the top two cars in San Diego WS will be fox bodies.

Now hold off on whatever crazy motor your building because i've still never been quicker than you :p