• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Looks like the blown 347 might not be blown anymore.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Holy shit an 1100cfm carb? Is that what Patrick from pro systems recommended? What is the actual cfm on the paperwork that came with the carb? On my 395 motor I had a 950, but it actually flowed 850. For the 427 I was going to build that was going to be 16:1 Ben Alameda was saying to use a 950 dominator! I could be wrong, but that seems big for a N/A 408, but I'm no expert.

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Holy shit an 1100cfm carb? Is that what Patrick from pro systems recommended? What is the actual cfm on the paperwork that came with the carb? On my 395 motor I had a 950, but it actually flowed 850. For the 427 I was going to build that was going to be 16:1 Ben Alameda was saying to use a 950 dominator! I could be wrong, but that seems big for a N/A 408, but I'm no expert.

It actually came off of a smaller motor, a dart 8.2 deck like 372 or some crap. I bought it used, Patrick is going to rebuild an re-jet it for me once I have the cam made. He says it should work very well. When I was looking at new pro systems carbs he recommended their pro series dominator, but we didn't discuss size too much.

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Finished up the chassis wiring. I rewired the driver side window switch and mirror switch to mount where the stock shifter used to be. And I removed more useless crap then I care to list from the dash harness.

Window and mirror switches:
ave2a7y5.jpg

Dash harness re-wrapped and installed:
rugemy7a.jpg

The huge pile of useless:
jugyvu6e.jpg

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Built this today. The dash will be dyed black in the very near future so everything will match :)

usadetys.jpg

zaqa9ehy.jpg

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Sold my box manifold, and ordered all sorts of stuff. pretty excited!!

-Replacement Black Carpet
-Scott Rod Wiper motor hole cover
-Scott Rod weld in fender aprons
-Scott Rod A/C & Heater core hole cover
-Scott Rod Natural Aluminum Shifter delete panel
-Scott Rod Natural Aluminum Vent Delete Panel
-Scott Rod Natural Aluminum A/C Control/Radio Delete Panel (Going to cut it to just cover where the A/C controls were, not the stereo)
-Scott Rod Natural Aluminum Hatchback Rear Seat Delete
-And a new plug for my headlight switch since i discovered mine was melted when i removed the dash harness lol

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Got this from a buddy today. Jegs 15gal fuel cell. Fits perfect in the spare tire well. Was a little rough but I polished it and put a brush finish on it with some 400 grit and now it's pretty nice:

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Got the cell in the car and the sump hole cut out. Painted the cap. Once my brackets get here ill bolt it down.

7ebu6u9u.jpg

qaraga6y.jpg

Started to make the sump cover but got bored of it lol. I'll finish it later.

Painted my old headliner with some duplicolor fabric paint and it actually looks really good. Can't really tell its painted, especially not once it gets in the car. Also made an aluminum plate to cover the hole where the map light used to be.

ytasuqym.jpg

vetybeja.jpg

Got the cage sanded and in primer today. Will paint it with gloss black tomorrow.

byhe8y2e.jpg

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Started getting some aluminum work done. I made the two covers for the side vents, the middle vent delete is Scott Rod. Started painting a few parts too
u4enadub.jpg

6ure7ube.jpg

nyga6edu.jpg

And I finally made my shifter delete/window switch panel. The delete plate is Scott rod and the switch plate is UPR. I can't get over how awesome this turned out. Above it is the factory mirror switch. Don't mind the console it's not painted yet.

sydeteva.jpg

*Patent Pending lol

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Time for some updates:

Fuel cell frame painted and welded into the car
uvu5udam.jpg

Dash is painted and I just had to mock it up. I love it!!
8ymy2yqu.jpg

Still in the works, but I'm making an aluminum cluster to match:

e9ynevyj.jpg

Wiring is mostly done, wired the whole car with a rebel wire 9+3 kit:
eqezuvaq.jpg

dumyqa8y.jpg

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Used all weatherpack connectors:
ybeha2us.jpg

hamy7ugy.jpg

Waiting on more weatherpack connectors and a weatherpack bulkhead terminal to finish the last little bit.