• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

lowering my car

Frye011

Donator
im trying to lower my mustang to get rid of the space between tire and car. i have 255/40/19 in the front and 275/35/19 in the back. and im thinking of 1.6 inches in the front and 2 inches in the back. any help or input on this idea would be awesome

Attachments

• 396055_10150724990898206_2030125470_a.jpg
    396055_10150724990898206_2030125470_a.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 395201_10150724990063206_789908205_12449084_615127528_n.jpg
    395201_10150724990063206_789908205_12449084_615127528_n.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 86

northerncountry

Frye, I have the Eibach pro springs and swaybars with bilstein shocks and struts. I do need to tell you don't just do the springs alone it will feel well springy and not ride well all lowing needs to be done with new struts and shocks. I am very pleased with my suspension it rides well and I can carve up the track like nobodys business. I know there are a few club members on here that have rode in the wicked vert .... chime in guys. all and all I would go for the whole handling pack your car will come alive on on the twistys!

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Frye, I have the Eibach pro springs and swaybars with bilstein shocks and struts. I do need to tell you don't just do the springs alone it will feel well springy and not ride well all lowing needs to be done with new struts and shocks. I am very pleased with my suspension it rides well and I can carve up the track like nobodys business. I know there are a few club members on here that have rode in the wicked vert .... chime in guys. all and all I would go for the whole handling pack your car will come alive on on the twistys!
Who was the guy who flipped his stang???? :) J/K dont get bent out of shape..

There are a lot of choices. For springs I would get either Eibach or H&R. Figure out what you plan on using the car for before deciding on your springs (Daily driver, racing, combo). Also are you replacing your shocks/struts? You don't want to buy a set of springs that will overpower your stock shocks.

I usually recommend CC (caster-camber) plates and an adj panhard bar with replacing springs. Usually, it is also a good time to replace the shocks/struts but that depends on you budget. As long as you don't go way extreme on the springs, you could get by for a while with stock shocks/struts, but they will wear out faster.

CC plates will help with alignment, replaces the stock strut-mounts, as well as having other benefits. Check out the article below for benefits of CC plates
MM Caster/Camber Plate Tech : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

The adj panhard bar will center your rear-end which will tend to shift to one side when you lower the car. Depends on how much the offset bugs you as to whether you want to do this. unlike the CC-plates, you won't incur any additional labor if you decide to wait and install it later.

Frye011

Donator
Holy hell lol I'm new to the whole thing of working on cars and you guys just blew my mind lol.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I agree with both NorthernCountry and Wickedstangs. It all depends on your budget and goal for your car. If you just want the appearance and the amount of drops you want, the H&R would be a good spring for you. But a caster and camber (CC) plates would be highly recommended because when you change your springs, it will effect your alignment and the CC plates will help keep your wheels straight. But if you have the budget, highly recommend changing out the shocks and struts. If I remember correctly, you said your car is a 2006? May not need to change it out yet, but it may be a matter of time for stock shocks and struts. If they start getting soft or spongy.

northerncountry

your car will feel like it's riding on the rims with no tires on them. ... and yes I did roll my car but thats another story. anywho back to the shocks. what happens is there isn't enough movement on the stock shocks/struts for them to do any good with the lowering you want to do so it's going to ride very rough.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
your car will feel like it's riding on the rims with no tires on them. ... and yes I did roll my car but thats another story. anywho back to the shocks. what happens is there isn't enough movement on the stock shocks/struts for them to do any good with the lowering you want to do so it's going to ride very rough.

Hehehe....I rolled mine, too. But it was my Explorer. Got neat pictures too. Sorry, off topics. But +1 with northerncountry.

Frye011

Donator
Pretty much anything that messes with me on the highway lol. I love racing on the street I was at the borona strip this weekend but didn't compete cause I didn't have a helmet

northerncountry

Like i said in my post. this club does ALOT of cruises and suspension matters as do brakes. for the all out joy of the twistys take alook at some packages they will give you the best deal if you can't do it all at once ( most can't/don't) it's ok but springs and shocks/struts in my opinion are the first things that need to be addressed for some fun roads. side note if your going to do drag racing your going to want to upgrade your lower control arms as well. Lots of info I know but I pretty much have EVERYTHING done to my 06 Vert

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Most of us go to RPMM to have our things installed. They are one of our sponsors and this is their website: http://www.mustangsandmotorsports.com/
But we can also do installation here. We have a section call Wickedstangs install garage. Here's the link to the install garage: http://www.wickedstangs.com/community/forums/ws-install-garage.10/ You can post up there and we can set up a date to have your parts install for a small donation to the club. We normally go to the Miramar Hobby Shop to do the install. We have installed suspensions, rearend gears, tranny, etc. But if you want a professional shop, RPMM (Renegade Performance Mustang and Motorsports) in Miramar, right near MCAS Miramar.

Frye011

Donator
Naw I'd like to install with you guys if possible. I'd donate what ever like I said I'm still learning the whole car work stuff so it would help out alot

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Naw I'd like to install with you guys if possible. I'd donate what ever like I said I'm still learning the whole car work stuff so it would help out alot

Cool. Go to the install garage section and open a new post. Then we'll see when we can set up something to get those parts installed.