• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

MAC Catback...sucks

98Stang

So I installed a MAC Catback on my 98 V6 and have had nothing but problems. First, it wouldn't go in like guaranteed so I had to have it custom put in, then last night I was driving and noticed a funny sound under the car. I jacked it up today and on both sides, the screws/ bolts holding the flanges together for the tailpipes fell out... :mad:

So I was driving around w/ my tail pipes hanging off and lost my flange bolts...now i have to re-order some. For now I'm driving w/ out tail pipes just mufflers, almost like a dump exhaust setup.

Anyone else have any problems with MAC exhaust? Definitely not happy about this

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Typically this has to do with mixing systems. The MAC Catback is designed to fit the MAC H or X pipe. The midpipes are designed to work with aftermarket headers (except BBK). When you mix and match setups, they typically require custom work to make it fit properly.

I have JBA Headers, MAC Pro Chamber midpipe and MAC Catback exhaust...no problems.

Roushed2

302 Motorsports
My 95 v6 has mac headers and pypes perfornance offroad x. And my 2011 5.0 has mac axleback. I love Macs parts and am waiting for the rest of it to come out for the 5.0

Jaguaron

Fresno Ca
That's the fun part about working on your own car, doing it your self and overcoming the little obstacles.

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
have you contacted MAC. they are just north of SD if i remember correctly. tell them how you feel and what happened. if there was in fact an issue with their product, maybe they can change it so it doesnt happen to the next guy.