• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

might visit this summer

tkeinia

i might visit san diego for a few weeks in the summer with the family, taking my son back to where he was born.

would it be easy to get onto balbo so my son can see the hospital? maybe visit the different bases?

thanks, raul

Ford1288

Donator
Sounds suspicious to me... Unless you are retired military no, you cant get on base.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
to get on balboa hospital you do not need a military ID... All you need is a drivers lic.

DrunkFatguy

to get on balboa hospital you do not need a military ID... All you need is a drivers lic.
You sure about that E, those are DOD guards and Navy personnel on those gates. It is also, unless it is the greatest hoax in the world perpetrated on my eyesight and sense of reality a military medical installation as it is staffed by military(at least it was still when I was there last Tuesday). I agree, it sounds suspicious and unless I knew you for many years I would not sponser anyone on any military Installation in this day and age right out of the blue.

tkeinia

my wife and i were both stationed in san diego, i was on the uss cape cod and the uss coronado, pat was at nab and our son was born at balbo.