• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustang vs The World Winners 26Mar2011

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Well everyone looks like the world showed up.. There were 40 racers.. This is our best turnout yet. Thanks to all that showed up.. The event started out gloomy but, end up being a very cool and dry day.. Awesome day for racing..

Thanks to all our Sponsors
  • RPMM RENEGADE Performance
  • Southland Clutch
  • DG Custom Auto, Inc
  • DMP Racing
  • Summit Transmissions
  • Classic Performance and Repair
I would also like to say thanks to all our Volunteers they made the event run smoother than we every had. As far as I can tell there wasn't any issues that didn't go un-resolved.
  • Tim
  • Matt
  • Eric
  • Donna
  • Bree
  • JP
  • Sammi
  • Lexi
  • Gwen
  • Jeff and Wife...
If I forgot anyone, I am truly sorry.

TRUE STREET
7 SECOND CLASS
Raymond Bunch 1987 Buick Grand National 1st Place 6.991 7.024 7.021 TurboBuick.com
Rodney Abad 1987 Buick Grand National 2nd Place 7.096 7.431 7.238
Sam Lutt 2002 Ford Lightning 3rd Place 7.928 7.976 7.894

8.0 SECOND CLASS
Manuel Campos 2005 Pontiac GTO 1st Place 8.162 8.217 8.224
Devin Garcia 2002 Ford Mustang GT 2nd Place 8.226 8.234 8.200 Wicked Stangs
Emilio Valdez 2009 Ford Shelby GT500 3rd Place 8.257 8.584 8.165 Wicked Stangs

8.5 SECOND CLASS
Grant Dumas 2000 Ford Mustang GT 1st Place 8.674 8.565 8.601 Socal Stangs
David Land 2007 Ford Mustang GT 2nd Place 8.784 8.809 8.866 Wicked Stangs
Vince Generazzo 2007 Ford Mustang GT 3rd Place 8.830 8.960 8.853 DG Custom Auto

9.0 SECOND CLASS
Shawn Runnells 2007 Ford Mustang CS/GT 1st Place 9.016 9.124 9.191 Wicked Stangs
Jared Sweeney 2002 Ford Mustang GT 2nd Place 8.965 9.104 9.486 Wicked Stangs
Jeff Ritchie 2007 Ford Mustang GT 3rd Place 9.736 8.865 9.146 Wicked Stangs

9.5 SECOND CLASS
Michael Carroll 1989 Ford Mustang GT 1st Place 9.308 9.031 10.572

OPEN COMP
Gary Hairfield 2009 Chevy Corvette 1st Place
Paul Warner 1965 Plymouth Valiant 2nd Place

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Congrats to all the winners. Im glad you all had a good time!

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
congrats way to go RED !!!!! Way to represent. Im telling you red your not a show winner your a racer!!!
Get some skinnys and slicks and take that 8.0 class
Glad you guys all had a good turn out I wish I could have been there to take a first place trophy home.
UMMM Emilio 8.5? Oh I see from the times they where close and you where sand baggin lol You let up too soon.
I want to see the Cobra in the 7 second class? Next year.. more mods brother hang in there lol

Reactions: Red

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Yeah I see some sandbagged times on there....LOL

Congrats to the winners!

Red

Here's some pics of the winners of the MVTW.

IMG_3955.jpg

IMG_3956.jpg

IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_3963.jpg

IMG_3964.jpg

IMG_3967.jpg

IMG_3968.jpg

IMG_3969.jpg

IMG_3971.jpg

IMG_3972.jpg

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Well, four events in a row and no trophy :(. Each year I run faster times and seem to toss one to the wind that cost me any opportunity.

At least I ran a personal best of 8.15 and then put that to history with an 8.03. A few more changes to the rear axle and 7.8 will be in the near future.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
congrats way to go RED !!!!! Way to represent. Im telling you red your not a show winner your a racer!!!
Get some skinnys and slicks and take that 8.0 class
Glad you guys all had a good turn out I wish I could have been there to take a first place trophy home.
UMMM Emilio 8.5? Oh I see from the times they where close and you where sand baggin lol You let up too soon.
I want to see the Cobra in the 7 second class? Next year.. more mods brother hang in there lol

All my runs were done on street tires and traction was crazy.. I could have easily shattered my 7.7 record for the shelby.. With the right tire next year...

Raymond Bunch

OUTSTANDING EVENT!!! I would like to say that even though I don't currently own a Mustang, I had however owned many of them in the past. Everything from a Saleen, all the way to the extreamly hard to find Mustang LX Coupe... I def. have a sweet spot for the Four Eyes. And I'm not talking about a hot chick that wears glasses...lol

As with all American Muscle Cars, I have a great appreciation for them all. I'm really looking forward to the next MVTW event. Thank you for all your hard work and big congratulations to all the winners.

Raymond Bunch
87 Buick Grand National

96PuttStang

how much dough does that cost to get installed ??? Parts and install ??

those r usually 3k - 4k just for the kits unless u find a used one and u can do the install urself if u have the right tune and most kits come with a basic tune to get u started then take it to the dyno so u get the most out of it and if u need help installin i know there r enough people around here to help u out

Lynch Mob

Carver, MA
gongrats on all the winners guys. mvtw is always an awesome event to attend. i cant wait to take my car out to the track out here and tear up the 1/4 mile at new england dragway, and u better believe ill be flying my wickedstangs banner the whole way down the track!!!

Red

damn RED lol next time we will go at it again :) this time ill get a few upgrades GOOD JOB RED
Funny thing is with all my upgrades I've done to my car, I see people that have done less and go faster than mine. I'm ok with that. Gotta love my 9 second stang :D

LaughingGT

true but o well its always fun to add lol. we were running faster then that last time around? its because i wasent there to get you pumped up for the comp lol.