• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

my mustang needs help badly. Also, NEW to wicked stangs

alan dotson

my mustang needs help I just got it from craigslist and I want to do so much to it but limited on funds its a 99 ford mustang v6 automatic. The paints faiding, the previous owner instaed of painting the stripes on, put stickers. The car almost cries to me "fix me fix me".

Attachments

• mustang1.jpg
    mustang1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 120
  • mustang2.jpg
    mustang2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 125
  • mustang 3.jpg
    mustang 3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 109

alan dotson

I was thinking a paint job removing all the paint and starting all over maybe white with blue stripes. This is how bad this paint job was ok instead of removing all the paint(car was originally red) they just painted over it. You ask how do I know this paint is chiping off and I see the red under. I was also thinking a dual exhuast some things with the engine give it a bit more power.

alan dotson

I really just want to focus more about whats under the hood then how pretty it looks but, my car looks like its been sitting rotting in a junkyard somewhere

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
I don't know of any wet blasters, but good old sanding always works. If you take the front fenders off, I have a blast machine that they'll fit into and the paint comes off quickly.

alan dotson

you know whats funny I ordered that scraper from amazon and they sent the package with my name on it but with somebody elses stuff on the inside. First time thats ever happened to me. Got a butt load of apoligies from amazon and from that fender so not only do I get to keep the scrapers that were sent to me I also am getting the scraper that you told me to get so its a win win :)