• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

need a new intake manifold

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
yesterday at barona my intake manifold busted and blew fluid all over the track. Today im trying to figure out what i should spend my money on. I have been looking at the trick flow track heat intake which will lose me mid range torque but gain in higher rpm's. so rather then my car peak at 5200 it will peak around 6000 to 6500 range but costs a whopping 800 bucks.

victor jr intake has no egr input and requires lots of modifying. so no on this.

professional products sucks. so no

others are 2 expensive.

so either i buy a new pi intake for 240 or spend the money on a trick flow intake. what do u guys think? will not buy a used pi intake

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
have you looked at the HPS Hardball'r intake manifold or trying to find a P-51
i looked at the hps and i rather have the trickflow and the p-51 looks ugly.

i have been thinking about it and i think id rather spend 240 and get a stock intake so i can still buy my suspension parts that i want. just makes sense. for 800 bucks i could just about get all my suspension parts.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
i looked at the hps and i rather have the trickflow and the p-51 looks ugly.

i have been thinking about it and i think id rather spend 240 and get a stock intake so i can still buy my suspension parts that i want. just makes sense. for 800 bucks i could just about get all my suspension parts.
Good choice. I know many people that attempted to upgrade the intake and didn't get the "bang for the buck" that they expected.

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
so yesterday Dave and I took apart the top end of my car.
this is what we got done yesterday
intake2.jpg
what I did today after work .
intake.jpg
the car started up first shot and ran great for 30 mins.
intake4.jpg
Im happy that my car is back alive again and thank you Dave for lending me a hand yesterday.

2K7GTCS

its 10hp per rag according to the forums. it adds no torque tho :(

Hmm, I believe that is a single use power adder:

1. Rag is sucked into chamber past valve
2. Valve hangs open while raw fuel is absorbed into rag
3. Piston hits open valve causing it to cock wildly to one side further exposing the now fuel soaked rag to the impending spark.
4. Spark plug fires igniting fuel soaked rag sending flame front back through intake manifold igniting the other 7 fuel soaked ragss in an epic throttle body hurling explosion while simultaneously melting the new manifold into a puddle.

Kids, don't try this at home...

PASTU

I have the trickflow track heat intake and just an FYI, it is not worth the money unless your going under pressure. The bottom end of RPM's to 2800 no good :mad: but after that it starts to climb like a monkey to 6400 :BigGrin: