• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

new problem with the GT

justin11045

after having an entire new engine and computer put in my car now when i put a little more gas than the average needed for driving in 1st or second my car jerks violently dies ( like i stalled it) and the odometer goes to dashes. i blew the pcm fuse twice now once in california when i was with foxman and again yesterday. i am dumbfounded on this problem and do not even know where to begin.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
after having an entire new engine and computer put in my car now when i put a little more gas than the average needed for driving in 1st or second my car jerks violently dies ( like i stalled it) and the odometer goes to dashes. i blew the pcm fuse twice now once in california when i was with foxman and again yesterday. i am dumbfounded on this problem and do not even know where to begin.

have any fault codes and what year stang?

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
I'm guessing you have an exposed wire somewhere in the car that is grounding to the chasis. Since the car is bucking, I would start with the MAF and Fuel injector wiring. Another comon spot for these problems is in the O2 sensor wiring as it passes from the engine compartment to the transmission tunnel. A pinched wiring harness is my guess. You just need to find where.

justin11045

i did a little more research after i posted here and found exactly what CWO said. so i checked the maf, it looked fine till i looked at the wires leading to the bundle. one of the wires was grounding to the chassis so i taped it up and now it runs great