• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New SCT Livelink Gen II

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
All, I must admit this is getting to be easier and easier to data-log our vehicles.. I believe they are hitting this one out of the park...

Donna came over so that I can data-log her mustang. I said sure and broke out my old data-logging equipment and sure enough, it has changed.. SCT has come out with an even better setup that before.

There new and updated Device updater has changed.. All you have to do to update your TUNER is hit automatically check for updates and it will update your firmware and your TUNER.. Simple as that.. Awesome..
iconupdater.PNG

DSC_6551.JPG
Just one click and it will update your TUNER's FIRWARE which is needed to use the new GEN 2 Datalogging Software..
DSC_6552.JPG

Next, I downloaded the software from http://www.sctflash.com/ Tab Tech Support and just plug in the serial number on your Tuner..

Download the NEW LIVE LINK GEN 2 once installed you will have an icon on your desktop that looks like the below..
icongen2.PNG

Gen.PNG

On the Top Left of the GEN 2 Software is a Guide me button and it will Guide you thru the entire process to data-log your vehicle. Wow, they have made it very simple.... Now you can send all your info to those mail order tunes without any issues, No Need for a Dyno:)

Some important PID to datalog

1. Environment
COOLANT TEMP

2. FUEL
Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 1
Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 2
Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1
Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2

3. MAF
LOAD
MAF AD COUNTS

4. MISCELLANEOUS - BATTERY VOLTAGE
RPM
THROTTLE POSITION ABSOULTE
VEHICLE SPEED

5. SPARK
SPARK
SPARK SOURCE

DSC_6554.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_6548.JPG
    DSC_6548.JPG
    418 KB · Views: 200

boostedmach

For the new 5.0's I like to see

ect degf
fuel pump duty cycle (for heavy modded cars)
iat in degf
load as fraction
maf flow rate LB per minute or maf frequency
lamdabase bank1
lambdabase bank2
measured AFR bank 1
measured AFR bank 2
output shaft spd
rpm
short term fuel trim bank 1
short term fuel trim bank 2
spark advance
vehicle speed mph

Then Depending on what we are doing, some things can be taken away and others added.