• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New to WS and SD!

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
Expect the torque arm to cost around 300, that's what I paid last month. You must have subframe connectors installed if not already. What brakes u plan on installing? I installed 04 cobra brakes with stainless brake lines 3 weeks ago, easy install. K member is a pain in the ass.

Wills01GT

I stopped by the shop this afternoon and met Austin, he showed me around the shop, the cars - to include the Cobra Jet, Shelby GT500, Boss 302, the pair of Saleen signed Fox Bodies, and much more! Shop looks great, the people were awesome, I am planning on making them my "Go to guys" when I need a part or have questions.

Austin and I discussed some issues with the car, parts, and a wish list.

I have the Cobra brakes from an 03 installed on my car Front/Rear with Hawk pads, I want them to be stronger so a better pad may be in order, removal of the dust shields to cool them off faster, changing of the brake fluid, and steel braided lines to increase overall effectiveness.

I already have the full length sub-frame connectors on my car, at the time of install we discovered that the stock K-Member wasn't going to clear my Kooks Long Tubes, so I wanted to use a MM one, they didn't have any in stock at the time so I reluctantly used a UPR tubular one (they have the same dimensions as the stock K-Member, but allow for more Header clearance, or so I am told by the MM rep today over the phone). The UPR K-Member also brought my wheels inward a bit, so when turning I rub (hate hate hate).

He recommended to me a body shop nearby for some much needed TLC (its a 14 year old car after all). Now the color options, I will decide..I have been thinking about this for a long time. I already own another black car (my DD), I love and have always wanted a Blue Mustang, but there are MANY types of blue. I am also fond of the dark red with the bullet theme my car has going for it. So I may go with a darker red hue. Then again it may be blue. Not sure, thats the beauty of a hobby...if I don't like the Blue, a couple decades from now Ill just repaint the damn thing.

IMG_0869.jpg IMG_0869.jpg IMG_0801.jpg IMG_1625.jpg IMG_0580.jpg IMG_7818.jpg

Ford1288

Donator
I don't remember the specifics, but some of our guys have had bad experiences with them in the past. I wouldn't just talk to one shop and choose them right away, do your research.

Wills01GT

I don't remember the specifics, but some of our guys have had bad experiences with them in the past. I wouldn't just talk to one shop and choose them right away, do your research.

I have spoken with other shops in the area as well, shops recommended by Maximum Motorsports.

Unless you can recommend another place??

tom

Try Racers Edge Tuning, Downey, CA 562 -622-2508 or 562-556 -1382 thats were mine is going when I get some more cash to blow. good luck