• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Panhard rod?

SickSix

I'll be lowering the ride on coils hopefully this coming week, and everyone says a panhard rod is needed to correct the geometry of the rear axle. I'm not sure if every model comes stock with a panhard, but mine did. Does this mean I'll be good since I've already got one or will I need an adjustable one?

northerncountry

you will need an adjustabe pan hard bar, you can run your stock one however your rear axle will stick out about an inch to the driver side of not replaced with an adjustable.

northerncountry

ok make sure that the suspension has full load on it when you adjust, the best way to do this is jack up the rear end put it on blocks so you can slide under the car and tighten or loosen the adjustment bolt easily. Use plumb lines ( weighted stings taped to the fenders and use a tape measurer to make sure the rear end is aligned. Hope this helps bud.

SickSix

Installed it and all is good. Very simple install. Had to go out to buy a 90 degree grease fitting for the driver side though, but no big deal. Can't wait until I can get the rest of my suspension! Thanks for the help bro

northerncountry

Thanks danny, Yes it's set up for the twisty's and road course, Porshe gt3's are not expecting to see mustangs in their rear view. but I chase them around. I am running Eibach fully adjustable coilovers, steeda Ball joints,swaybars, rear lower control arms Fayz2 watts link. I do road course only track days.