• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Project WIKD5.0

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
New wheels and tires for the LX!
Staggered 10th anniv cobras black w/ polished lip.

ga8yzetu.jpg

atysara7.jpg

Did some other work as well, KYB struts, relocated the battery, new brake booster, new heater core.

Ford1288

Donator
What did you do with the ponies? Id be interested in buying them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Ford1288

Donator
Hmmm ill let you know, was hoping they had some tread left. New set up looks great by the eay.

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Installed my baumann AOD recal kit today along with a chrome ford racing trans pan. This kit is awesome!!

Gt40 heads are going in on Saturday, along with as much other work as I can get done.

Ford1288

Donator
Recal kit? Teach me something grand master.

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Recal kit? Teach me something grand master.

This is the ultimate shift kit for an AOD. it doesn't just give you a little firmer shifts, It actually recalibrates the way the valve body handles pressure, increasing holding capacity of every gear, eliminating shift overlap completely, and you can even set your full throttle shift points to whatever your heart desires. And of course shift firmness is fully adjustable to whatever you want between 3 levels of firmness. mine is set to Moderate on the 1-2 and max on the 2-3, WOT shift 1-2 at 5800 and 2-3 at 5400. Just with my little bolt ons and this kit it blows the tires off on the 1-2 and barks them on the 2-3.

check it out here: worth every penny. a must have for any AOD car IMO.
http://www.becontrols.com/aod.htm

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
This is the ultimate shift kit for an AOD. it doesn't just give you a little firmer shifts, It actually recalibrates the way the valve body handles pressure, increasing holding capacity of every gear, eliminating shift overlap completely, and you can even set your full throttle shift points to whatever your heart desires. And of course shift firmness is fully adjustable to whatever you want between 3 levels of firmness. mine is set to Moderate on the 1-2 and max on the 2-3, WOT shift 1-2 at 5800 and 2-3 at 5400. Just with my little bolt ons and this kit it blows the tires off on the 1-2 and barks them on the 2-3.

check it out here: worth every penny. a must have for any AOD car IMO.
http://www.becontrols.com/aod.htm
I use-to have that, till I moved up to Lentech Valve Body:) J/K that is an awesome kit yes a must for all AOD's

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
GT40 heads are in, and it runs like a dream. the cylinder walls of this 165k mile motor look brand new, not a single score mark, and even a cross hatch is still visible. To my knowledge it's never been rebuilt.

utusutyb.jpg

@sdsubzero4 , are you nervous? ;)
a4y4uva3.jpg

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
GT40 heads are in, and it runs like a dream. the cylinder walls of this 165k mile motor look brand new, not a single score mark, and even a cross hatch is still visible. To my knowledge it's never been rebuilt.

utusutyb.jpg

@sdsubzero4 , are you nervous? ;)
a4y4uva3.jpg
Nope. It should be a heads up, stock Coyote vs stock Coyote. We can do the 2014 vs the Wicked LX after I do some modification to mine.

Last edited:

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Well a little update. The car just got a fresh rebuilt rearend with 3.73s, some solid tubular lowers and granatelli adjustable uppers. Also replaced all the valve springs and gave her a much needed tune up and wash/detail. I'm taking it to the Las Vegas Bracket Nationals tomorrow. 4 days of racing, who needs turkey! :p