• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

quest for improved 60ft and et

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
I'm going to be setting my car up for the next month or 2 for stictly drag racing. Need to see if anyone has a set of stock fox body 5.0 rear springs for sell? I want to get 1.7 ish 60 fts. Taking sway bar off and jacking up my coil overs. Also wood like to find or barrow some 5 lug skinnies. I'm on a mission.

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Not for sale, but I will let you run on my skinnies for a day when youre ready to take a stab at it. I would suggest strange engineering shocks and struts. 10 way adjustable, awesome for drag racing but you can firm them up for driving on the street just with a turn of a knob. I have a buddy with a set of rear eibach drag springs for sale for 50 bucks if you're interested

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
Not for sale, but I will let you run on my skinnies for a day when youre ready to take a stab at it. I would suggest strange engineering shocks and struts. 10 way adjustable, awesome for drag racing but you can firm them up for driving on the street just with a turn of a knob. I have a buddy with a set of rear eibach drag springs for sale for 50 bucks if you're interested
I'm interested in the springs. I have starnge

93slvrfox

You could have cut that 60 ft by letting alittle more air out of your tires and doing a longer burnout. I cut 1.60fts on my old 02 with stock suspension.

93slvrfox

Attached are the pictures of my old car at the track. This was on 315/35/17 Mikey Thompson Drag Radials.

Those are full weight FR500s on the front and that rear end squat is with a completely stock suspension with 3:73s

The red s197 car is also on a stock suspension. Your problem is you need to let a bit more air out of the tires and heat up those drag radials.

Not trying to be a dick just trying to give you constructive crticism.

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
They are not drag radials but bias ply tires I ran ar 14 psi. Launching on eibach 2 inch drop springs. I had plenty of heat and I hooked at 5k. Its my suspension not my tires.

93slvrfox

alot of people are quick to blame suspensuon before they fix small things like tire pressure. I watched your clar bog right off the line. like i said man I am not trying to be a dick. Its constructive criticism. But hey what do I know? Trying to help you out with my experience.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I'm going to be setting my car up for the next month or 2 for stictly drag racing. Need to see if anyone has a set of stock fox body 5.0 rear springs for sell? I want to get 1.7 ish 60 fts. Taking sway bar off and jacking up my coil overs. Also wood like to find or barrow some 5 lug skinnies. I'm on a mission.

You should have swapped Danny supercharger with all your stuff....

93slvrfox

Your video is private... if thats the run I remember you still bogged hard through the 60.. you said you have strange 10 ways right? soften them up a bit if you don't already. You car needs some weight transfer in order to get out of the hole.

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
Your video is private... if thats the run I remember you still bogged hard through the 60.. you said you have strange 10 ways right? soften them up a bit if you don't already. You car needs some weight transfer in order to get out of the hole.
dude u stayed for only one of my runs and yes i did bogg but i had 2 runs after that.

93slvrfox

Your car probably makes power up to 5500 RPMs... if that.. that why would you want to launch at the top of your power rather than at the middle like somewhere around 3500 and be shifting into second at the end of the 60 ft rather than right off the laufnch. in your video you spun damn near half the 60 ft because you shocked the shit out of the tires. that is why I keep telling you to lower the psi and a longer burnout. Mikey Thompsons love heat. All those launches at 5k rpms are doing is quickly shortening the life of that 3550. Even in my old blown 2v car I never launched at 5k. I would launch at 3800 rpms and be right into the powerband. Take it for what its worth man. Get some more seat time on a backroad somewhere...

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
your talking about a 400 hp car vs 280 hp car. i boggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg at 3500

93slvrfox

You know what man you seem to be taking all of this to heart... good luck on your quest.. you seem like you got it all figured out.. my car with a tune and street tires went 8.9s with less mods than yours... but hey maybe I don't know what I am talking about. Launch your car to the moon hopefully that 2v doesn't pop...