• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rear end is fried :(

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
So i bought some new drag radials for my car and the same night i went to a parking lot and did some burnout and launches. After i was done i started driving home and my car felt weird bc it was making my car do this weird S like movement under acceleration. I checked the suspension hoping that was it but everything looks great. while i was under my car i noticed allot of fluid around my diff and i have never had a leak before. I'm just happy i have not driven the car very far.

Thanks to Dave I have a 31 spline diff sitting in my garage that im going to buy a carbon disc rebuild kit plus im going to buy some moser axles. The day I go and get everything repaired im going to put some left over gear oil in the diff bc i don't know how much oil is in the diff and don't want my gears to fail.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
will they fit a 2002 mustang and are just as good as a moser 31 spline? what would u want for them if they will fit?

according to american muscle they are year specific
not sure if they will fit, I will see. Thats why ford went with a 31spline for all 2005 and up mustangs

Ford1288

Donator
Sorry for your loss man, did we at least get a good burnout video out of this??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
Sorry for your loss man, did we at least get a good burnout video out of this??

no video :( it was me all by myself just practicing before barona, im just happy i didn't do this on the track and put any oil down the track.

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
not sure how long this is going to take me to get back on the road but im sure it wont be any sooner then Oct just bc of funds.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Your rear end is fried? You should not sun bathe without using sun tanning lotion. Didn't Emilio offer you some?

Ford1288

Donator
I think Bobby is selling a rearend right now, of you are interested in just something temporary. 3.73 gears