• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

RIP Orange 395W

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Before anyone posts here, the driver survived with only a broken foot. This car was a part of Wickedstangs for many years and it's a great loss to the drag racing community. Respect the build and respect the blood, sweat and tears that were put into this beast.

The rear brakes locked up at the end of the track when the driver attempted to slow the car.

RIP ORANGE 395

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
O dang that really sux. I'm glad he only left with a broken foot.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
That was a hard hit. Lucky to be just the broken foot, but that was bad enough.
Sad to see that car go, like CWO said, many blood, sweat, and tears went into that built. RIP Orange395

Red

My question is why did he start so late? Was there a break problem from the start? I'm am truly sorry to see the car crash. It was a beautiful stang.

yosemiddysam

Donator
Man I wish I did not even watch the first video......the first time.....ya'll are killing me!!!!!!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
The rear brakes didn't lock up. The fronts locked up. The new owner installed front drag brakes on the car. We have a link with good info on why it happened, but I'm not going to post it because I don't want to hear Emilio crying. :cry:

His foot was not only broken, they are describing it as shattered. 2 toes are broken and pushed back and there are many other broken pieces in there. His foot has developed a huge fracture blister and was drained yesterday. This presents a problem because they are still waiting for swelling to go down before they can do surgery. While the fluid in the blister is sterile.....once it comes in contact with the skin it becomes contaminated. With that said it is better to drain blisters post surgery since now there is a risk of the fluid getting into the incision that they make for his surgery to repair his foot.

Someone asked why he left so late? It's run on a staggered tree. The slower guy gets a head start. This racing is dangerous because they will be closest and going the fastest at the finish line.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Damn I feel sorry for the car and driver. ( sold orange was sold) I guess I missed hearing about the sale since Im the way in wa.
Bobby I am glad its not you man. I consider you a good friend. Glad to see the driver will be ok.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Damn I feel sorry for the car and driver. ( sold orange was sold) I guess I missed hearing about the sale since Im the way in wa.
Bobby I am glad its not you man. I consider you a good friend. Glad to see the driver will be ok.

Thanks Phil. I didn't want to sell it, but I had to. I have another one in the works that is going to likely take a couple years, but the goal is 9's on motor. Don't be a stranger. :cool:

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Wish I was still in Cali. I am going to make it back down there though. I just have to make E-6 its very tight in our rate. I missed it by 5 points this time.
I dont know what I am going to do about my cars though. LOL I have 3 stangs now orange lol. I think I have a buyer for my notch though. I will just bring my t-top
and my 06 back down. I def miss all the racing and good times in socal.. I will be back soon

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Bobby, thanks for the update on Kyle. He is a really good guy that goes out of his way to be nice and assist others when needed. Hopefully surgeons can rebuild his foot and make him as good as new.

Lynch Mob

Carver, MA
man what a bad ending to such a great car. im glad the driver was alright. thats all that really matters.

DrunkFatguy

Geez, the title scared the crap outta me. I Already had someone I knew with go down on a bike in the last 2 months, Although I'm sorry the driver got hurt I'm glad no one died and for the most part you are ok(yep I missed the info on the sale as well).