• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

San Diego shop

magestik63

Hi all,

I bought my car about a month ago, it was bought as a fixer upper, but I would like to take the car to a shop to determine where I should start.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent mustang mechanic?

I have found a place called fox fire 5.0 in North county but that's a drive for me in Allied Gardens. But anybody use them?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
What do you need done? We have a small bolt on shop that members can help you out with small stuff..

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
The best way to update and get your fox to the level you want is doing the work with the club's assistance. The more money you save on upgrades, the more you will have for further modification.

Bring your car out to our next event and we'll take a look. Also, you have to decide how far you want to go with the car. Street/Drag or Street/Roadcourse or just a fun street car. Let us know and we will help you get there at half the cost of a speed shop.

magestik63

I'm not building a drag car, just want to restore Carlos (the cars name) to his former glory. Maybe with a few bolt on parts.

But I think the first thing I should do is have the car checked out to see what it needs, then I will add the fun stuff.

magestik63

That is why I was looking for a good mechanic. I plan on doing most stuff myself, but I would like someone with experience to over look it first, and recommend a starting point.

Ford1288

Donator
Between Todd and other members we can help ya out. Come out to one of our bi weekly meets or ask about coming down to one of our houses. Welcome to WS.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
For anybody unfamiliar with the Knotts Show, it is THE LARGEST FORD ONLY CAR SHOW ON THE WEST COAST! This year, over 2000 Ford vehicles are expected. Naturally, Mustangs are always the largest group in attendance and the highlight of the show. The car show is free for spectators and parking is also free, so there is no excuse NOT to go!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Everyone is so friendly here... When are these meetings?

We have our monthly meeting on 5/2 at Kearny Pearson Ford on Clairmont Mesa Blvd. That will probably be our next meet. Since this weekend most people will be going up at Knott's Berry Farm for the big show.

wickedbird

This club has more knowledge and advice than any shop that you will go to. Any combo that you want to do to your Mustang has been done in this club. As you can see, I don't even own a Mustang and they give me tons of advice and let me hang around.