• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Save Fontana Drag Strip Petition!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Hey Wickedstangs, I'm not sure if you guys are aware of what's going on with our local racetracks, but Irwindale has closed it's doors after filing bankruptcy and Fontana is closed until further notice. Fontana is the only 1/4 mile track San Diegans have left! Fontana has been in a dirty court battle with some home owners over noise and now they are closed until it gets resolved.

A Petition has been started in an effort for our voices to be heard. We are not sure what this will accomplish, but it's a start. It would be a crime for anyone to not sign this. Whether you like to race or not you should support the hobby and help those that do!

Thanks!

http://www.change.org/petitions/cou...to-provide-safe-and-organized-racing-for-all#

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Yep, we heard, Bobby. It freaking sucks! Finally was able to go up there last month and made some passes. Great track. Petition signed.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
stuff like this make me :mad: all the hard work to keep it safe and off the streets and now they try and close down all tracks in California.. Carlsbad went down for the same BS even when it was built before the houses were built...

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
stuff like this make me :mad: all the hard work to keep it safe and off the streets and now they try and close down all tracks in California.. Carlsbad went down for the same BS even when it was built before the houses were built...

With Carlsbad the lease was up and the housing market was booming, so the track fell victim to developers. Fontana is closed because of 1 house and a couple local businesses bitching about noise. ******* California tree huggers.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
buisness bitching about noise. Now that is some BS. They have warehouses and heavy machine shops and a railroad track. They are bitching about track noises???? Those other entity makes more noises daily then a track makes on a weekend day.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
buisness bitching about noise. Now that is some BS. They have warehouses and heavy machine shops and a railroad track. They are bitching about track noises???? Those other entity makes more noises daily then a track makes on a weekend day.
I dont think its us Danny, its the drag / top fuel cars..

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

yosemiddysam

Donator
If all you weinies moved to Florida like me.....wait I have to drive 2 hours for a track.....the one 20 mins away got shut down too!!!!!