• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shane's Corbra's rebirth has begun!

Mach1Marauder

I picked up Shane's Cobra yesterday and brought it to Phoenix. It was painful to hear the car start yesterday with all the valvetrain noise.
It's got a bad oiling problem on the passenger side of the engine for sure. The noise goes away to a degree with RPM.
Just for a FYI, we'll do a leak down and a compression check. There also may be a cooling problem or burping problems. Just the short time from pulling out of the trailer, driving into the shop and about 90 seconds of idling, when shut down, there was a LOT of cooling down tinkling sounds and they were mainly from the side in question.

Here's your baby Shane
03819195.jpg

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Great to hear that you took over on it. It sounds like it's in good hands. Although that car has drained Shane's pockets it looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel. Beautiful car man!

Shane361

Wow..all show and no go!!!! She looks great though!!! HA HA HA....cry...tear....I hate my life:wtf:

Thanks Bill...cant wait to get back!!!

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Please post up a progression of it.. I've been hearing alot about it.. But, never seen it..:)

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Like everyone had posted already. Looks like its in good hand and finally have a Cobra to run when you get back.

Shane361

Could you imagine if we took all the money we put into our cars and started from scratch...wow. I would def have 1000+ with turbos:rock:

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
sexy cobra and i love those rims. get that thing runnign down the track!

Screamin03

Could you imagine if we took all the money we put into our cars and started from scratch...wow. I would def have 1000+ with turbos:rock:

Oh man, ain't that the truth! Sounds like my 97 Cobra. I love that car and have put tons of money, blood, sweat, and tears into it but boy has it caused me nothing but problems!

Mach1Marauder

Sitting on the ground yesterday.
4ba835ac.jpg

The headers on this car are tiny!
I HATE these first gen header with the O2 in one of the primaries to tune the dang thing
The collectors on this set are TINY too...REAL tiny.
You might want to start looking now for good deal on a used set of Kooks or American Racing or Stainless works with proper O2 placement and bigger collectors.

Tommy

wow, that steering rack is hanging on for dear life! LOL!

Shane, now is the perfect time for headers and a K Member!

Shane361

WHAT!! Those are suppose to be AMERICAN RACING HEADERS WITH THE MIDPIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bill please identify what headers those are and with some pics and send them to me.:nonono:

Mach1Marauder

WHAT!! Those are suppose to be AMERICAN RACING HEADERS WITH THE MIDPIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bill please identify what headers those are and with some pics and send them to me.:nonono:

They are American racing and have the correct port flange, but they are early gen and TINY collectors. I had to look at the port flanges to make sure they weren't GT headers.

Ford1288

Donator
Whew close call, thought the old shop might have jacked you. Sounds like you still need to upgrade though!

Mach1Marauder

Whew close call, thought the old shop might have jacked you. Sounds like you still need to upgrade though!

It's kinda a toss up on the upgrade. IF he can find a GOOD DEAL and get a good price for his, it would be worth it for a few HP.
More than likely, I suggest we cap off the current O2 bungs, use the one wideband bung he has in one collector and put one in the other collector Or just add one to each side at a little bit different angle. It would save him a BUNCH. I LIKE saving $$$$$$!